UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Cans, Tyres, Brakes, etc. » exbox weight

Old 16-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
the_adam

exbox weight

Hi all,

I took off my exhausts last week for a bit of a clean, and came to the conclusion that it actually looks quite good without them!

Since then I've come across a nice looking exbox being sold for a fairly good price...only trouble is it's in America Wondered if anyone might know roughly how much they weigh so I can work out what the postage might cost? Had a good search but I can't seem to find anything
Old 16-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
Diego

QBA should know. Drop him a pm

Last edited by Diego; 16-05-2011 at 01:45 PM..
Old 16-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
Qba

Best option would be to email producer.
They're very helpful.
I needed some info about the system too some time ago and had quick reply from them.
Old 16-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #4
Qba

Sorry I know it's noticeably lighter if compared to the standard system when on the bike, but no idea about the actual weight.

Last edited by Qba; 16-05-2011 at 11:14 AM..
Old 16-05-2011, 12:30 PM   #5
the_adam

Thanks, will see if I can get anything from them
Old 16-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #6
bex

When I enquired with QD last winter when looking to buy, I was contacted by Dynomax UK - their uk supplier apparently. You could get in touch with them as I'm sure they have all the technical info - obviously you dont have to let on that you aren't planning to buy new from them.

The website seems to be down, but I have the number from before 01526 399370.
Old 16-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #7
BluprintZ

I bought one a few years ago, through Dynomax.
It took three months to arrive, although they did say it would take that long when i ordered it, due to the factory in Italy only doing them in batches, i just missed the last one that Dynomax had, so i had to wait for the next lot, although it did arrive when they said it would.

G ; )
Old 16-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #8
bex

Mine was only a couple of weeks, but unfortunately a few days later than I'd hoped and I was in India when they attempted to deliver it several times. Seems there was some miscommunication with instructions I had left while I was away and they sent it back to Italy in the end!! Worked out eventually though.

Yeh, I'd give Dynomax a call, they were helpful enough with me.
Old 16-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #9
Panther

Don't forget import tax too.

Another option is to get someone to make you an exhaust to your preferred design
Old 16-05-2011, 03:08 PM   #10
the_adam

Yep, I'm definitely not going for a new one

Was wondering about getting one a while ago but I gave up on it with the price and knowing it'd look out of place on my bike unless I also had it coated black... Would imagine international shipping will quickly make this one non-cheap as well but at least it's the right colour! I can't really get it without having a reasonable offer on the termis anyway, have to see what happens...

Am I right in thinking it's possible to remove the baffle in these? From what I've seen they're not exactly quiet anyway, just being a curious Adam
Old 16-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #11
the_adam

Hi panther,

I'd wondered about that, quite like the look of the boom tubes copies I've seen too... Trouble is I have to commute on the bike so I needed to balance having the underbelly exhaust with not annoying too many neighbours, this seemed like the best compromise really

I thought that import tax only applied on new items, could be completely wrong about that though? That may be something to think about...
Old 16-05-2011, 03:22 PM   #12
Panther

You could get the seller to put a lower value on the item when shipping as tax is .....30ish % ???

Even if you get a silver one you can always get out the black BBQ paint. Don't forget to check Italian ebay too..........
Old 16-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #13
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Customs won't get fooled by this - people try it on all the time

Expect to get hit with 20% vat + a handling fee if shipped from outside the EU
Old 17-05-2011, 08:50 AM   #14
spareshackltd

A Quat D Exbox weighs 8kg when boxed.
Old 17-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #15
Capo
You Are What You Is