UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello from New Member

Old 15-05-2006, 09:47 PM   #1
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Question Hello from New Member

Hello guys and gals,

My name is jerry, I have a M750 2000 with Simoto cans and stage 2 tune and a 1997 M900 with full stage 3 tune Keihen FCR carbs ,etc.

Has anyone had any experience of using gasohol 10 in a ducati as in some countries regular unleaded fuel is now hard to get when touring.

cheers Jerry
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 10:05 PM   #2
Bodybag

Welcome to the club

Got to say I've never heard of Gasohol 10 but I'm sure there's someone on here (probably jMo who lives in Brighton somewhere too) who'll be along shortly to help you out.

Phil
Old 15-05-2006, 10:21 PM   #3
nealenet

welcome

Hi Jerry
Sorry I can't help with your gasohol question but welcome anyway. Good to see another Brighton monster here. If you fancy a ride out one day give me the nod.

Simon
Old 15-05-2006, 10:39 PM   #4
Pugi

Never heard of gasohol either, but welcome never the less. I'm sure someone will have heard of it though, this place is a wealth of information....useful and not-necessarily-so-useful...
Old 16-05-2006, 05:15 AM   #5
cassiopia

Thumbs up who says alcohol and driving dont mix??

Gasohol has been pretty rampant here in the states, dont have a clue about the 10 though. Its supposed to run cooler and should be fine in your bike. More to do with renewable energy than anything else though, and I rather like that.
Old 16-05-2006, 06:42 AM   #6
eonan

Hi Jerry, welcome mate. Hope to see you around
Old 16-05-2006, 07:38 AM   #7
MilesB

Jerry Two Monsters...

Two - anticipating needing a spare ?

Welcome Jerry, and as you are not too far from Kent, I'll look forward to seeing you around... we quite often run down to Brighton from Maidstone, and the Kent Mob have a group run down on Saturday 1st July, where we stuff ourselves on Donuts on the Pier

Keep an eye out in the Sussex, Surey, Kent and Hampshire sections for things going on locally.

Miles
Old 16-05-2006, 08:39 PM   #8
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

Courtesy of Google:

WHAT IS GASOHOL?
A mixture of 10 per cent ethanol and 90 per cent gasoline. All cars can run on up to 15 per cent ethanol, although it is not recommended for some snowmobiles and motorcycles.

Having siad that, if there's nothing else available, I'm sure your monster/s will run OK on Gasohol in the short term with no real problems.

Just out of interest, you say your M900 is stage 3 tuned, I'd be interested to hear what you've had done to it?
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2006, 09:27 PM   #9
rossi

welcome jerry. not to sure what Motion lotion your runing on ,can't say i've herd of that one.sounds like you have a nice pair of monsters though.
Old 19-05-2006, 11:48 AM   #10
Tigerlily

Hi Jerry, Welcome to the club!

I'm considering a visit to Brighton this year, so I might bump into you sometime
Old 24-05-2006, 11:00 AM   #11
jerry
Old Git

Cool Stage 3 M900 dead

[

Just out of interest, you say your M900 is stage 3 tuned, I'd be interested to hear what you've had done to it?[/QUOTE]

The M900 is dead it had FCR carbs , K&N filter ,termigionis, Barnett clutch and 944 kit, this bike is actually in Thailand where I am currently working , It has caught fire in a dealers workshop, I have swopped the remains for a 2001 S4 monster so am happy again although it is standard and too quiet , needs carbon cans . In future will do my own work on the bike like i do in UK.

The M750 is back in the UK all alone

Cheers jerry
Old 24-05-2006, 11:02 AM   #12
jerry
Old Git

Hi people ,

I am crap at this posting thing so bear with me

jerry
Old 24-05-2006, 11:11 AM   #13
Bodybag

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry
I have swopped the remains for a 2001 S4 monster so am happy again although it is standard and too quiet , needs carbon cans.
Have a look on eBay.co.uk for a user called "riders_bw". This is the parts department of Riders (Ducati) Bridgewater. They always have new Carbon High Level Termi full kits (cans, open airbox & filter and new ECU) for about half price! I got my S4 "noise adjustment kit" from there and was really impressed with the service and level of help they offered.

Phil