UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Wanted DUCATI man

Old 10-01-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
PETE.AKO

Smile Wanted DUCATI man

Hi people
Well its my second day on the Duke all be it wet but a bit warmer ,Well all i can say is its got very good grin factor?????????
I live in Melton Mowbray could some one tell me of a good Ducati man to look after my pride and joy please.

Last edited by PETE.AKO; 10-01-2008 at 09:09 PM.. Reason: cannot spell?
Old 10-01-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
Paivi

Everybody wants a Ducati man... PM me if you're tall, dark, handsome and single...
Old 10-01-2008, 09:31 PM   #3
Mand

Hello Pete, I'm from Leicestershire too, admittedly the other side, but I have used Neil at Cornerspeed, Kirkby in Ashfield - worth the trip, sound man.

01623 758877
Old 10-01-2008, 09:33 PM   #4
PETE.AKO

Smile Well er

Sorry none of them
Old 10-01-2008, 09:35 PM   #5
PETE.AKO

Smile Duke man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mand View Post
Hello Pete, I'm from Leicestershire too, admittedly the other side, but I have used Neil at Cornerspeed, Kirkby in Ashfield - worth the trip, sound man.

01623 758877
Thanks i will have a look were Kirkby in Ashfield is and give him a ring
Old 10-01-2008, 09:37 PM   #6
Mand

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETE.AKO View Post
Thanks i will have a look were Kirkby in Ashfield is and give him a ring
About two miles (or maybe more) from Junction 28 of the M1, near to the East Midlands Retail Park, used to be called McArthur Glen.

www.cornerspeed.co.uk

Last edited by Mand; 10-01-2008 at 09:45 PM.. Reason: Added Website
Old 11-01-2008, 12:41 PM   #7
damon

i live in long eaton just off jnc 24 of the M1 (through loughboro' from you) and i use a couple of people, if you want the best authorised Ducati service guy near you i doubt you'll do much better than Jeff at Gtec performance, he's at Stoke Albany, Nr Market Harborough. Seriously nice guy and he has a very profesional set-up but in a nice converted farm. check his website - http://www.gtecperformance.co.uk/ can also be found through the ducati website

Failing that depending what you want my mates dad 'Ducati Bob' could help i'm sure, he's a fully qualified mechanic with letters after his name(god knows what they mean) but also a really clued up guy who loves working on Ducatis as he's owned loads hmself, he's done work on mine and 2 of my mates who live in long eaton (ones his son) and we all own Monsters, mines an s2r but my mates both own M750's and he's done the exhausts on two out of three, coring the exhausts and doing the airbox chops etc right through to services and the like, this is him working on my exhaust ages ago, hes wicked - http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...7/DSC00066.jpg

If you want/need your exhuasts+ air box doing so you get that proper ducati roar then pm me and he'll be fine with you just dropping them off or you could leave your bike there, your call whichever way you'd like to do things.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:42 PM   #8
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paivi View Post
Everybody wants a Ducati man... PM me if you're tall, dark, handsome and single...
Paivi, behave
Old 11-01-2008, 01:10 PM   #9
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mand View Post

01623 758877
we recommend him too - great guy & great service at reasonable prices, so much so, I take mine to him too
he's also re-built the bottom end of one of the race bikes for us for last season - would trust nelly with anything of ours

C
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #10
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
I know Nelly is sound, but you really go all that way up there for a service? Wow. Not that I know where Kirkby in Ashfield is. Just sounds a bit norf.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:55 PM   #11
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
We certainly do Jerry

Nelly is also a v good mate so we go for service, sometime taking another bike too, then stop on for a spot of curry/beers & come back the next day

Means I get my bike done by authorised mech & the book stamped too, and have a social at the same time
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:03 PM   #12
Kiwi

Try SPR in Ruddington, a lot closer than Cornerspeed

They have a Dyno in their shop and know ducatis inside out

Decent guys to deal you will not be disappointed, they have an excellent reputation and are busy right through winter when other shops are quiet
Old 11-01-2008, 07:22 PM   #13
PETE.AKO

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
Try SPR in Ruddington, a lot closer than Cornerspeed

They have a Dyno in their shop and know ducatis inside out

Decent guys to deal you will not be disappointed, they have an excellent reputation and are busy right through winter when other shops are quiet
Thanks for that have you got there phone number & address.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #14
Kiwi

they have a website which should have that detail

too cold to go out to the garage and get the info off the tool box transfer
Old 12-01-2008, 08:43 PM   #15
PETE.AKO

Smile Got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
they have a website which should have that detail

too cold to go out to the garage and get the info off the tool box transfer
Thanks i have found the phone number.