UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Proud new owner of an S4RS in Surrey

Old 11-11-2015, 08:09 PM   #1
ValiantBoy

Proud new owner of an S4RS in Surrey

Hi, Santa came early this year; had my S4RS delivered (bought from Forza Italia in Silverstone). Lusted over these since I let my old Monster (900Sie) go about 4 years ago.

Not many come up for sale, so I bought it unseen (fingers crossed!!), took it for a quick blast, felt at home straight away. Has the termees, love those Ohlins, such a planted ride, black and silver.

I also ride a Benell Cafe Racer, interesting to compare the two; as they would have been competing for sales when they both came out.

Keen to catch up with other riders once the weather improves (feels like a long way away though ).
Old 11-11-2015, 08:54 PM   #2
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValiantBoy View Post
Hi, Santa came early this year; had my S4RS delivered (bought from Forza Italia in Silverstone). Lusted over these since I let my old Monster (900Sie) go about 4 years ago.

Not many come up for sale, so I bought it unseen (fingers crossed!!), took it for a quick blast, felt at home straight away. Has the termees, love those Ohlins, such a planted ride, black and silver.

I also ride a Benell Cafe Racer, interesting to compare the two; as they would have been competing for sales when they both came out.

Keen to catch up with other riders once the weather improves (feels like a long way away though ).
Nice one. You cant beat an s4rs. I nearly got one myself 6 years ago in a moment but then bought the 1100 s new.
Be interested in seeing piccys of bike and also the Benelli.. Shuffy on here has just restored his Benelli 250TC.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:26 PM   #3
Valespark

Nice bike, was watching it on ebay. sensible pricing as well.

Hope you have a great time with it
Old 12-11-2015, 09:10 AM   #4
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Welcome back to Monster ownership.
Hope it's as much fun as you hope

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:11 PM   #5
ValiantBoy

Here's a vid of her as I received it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEGdQKVq4mU

Baffles are still in; will need to take those out. Hmmm, when I did this with my Benelli it ran terribly, would have needed a re-tune to suite the pipes; hoping the Duke isn't the same.

If I can figure out how to put pictures up, I'll put some of the Benelli.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:40 PM   #6
damien666

Bike: S4Rs
Very nice. Looks like full system inc de-cat. Should have race ecu already fitted.
Baffles out you might attract unwanted atension. I take em out a couple of rides a year to get the 'fix'. Bit much all the time. Certainly allows it to breath though!
damien666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2015, 08:54 PM   #7
ValiantBoy

Yep, it came with a box full of bits: full stock exhaust system, air box and what I assume is the original ECU. The wife thinks it's plenty loud enough as it is; more so than the Benelli, so maybe I'll wait till next year to try it out.. unless the neighbours **** me off again ).

Done about 100 miles on it now, so much easier to ride than the Benelli; The Nelli is a lot more focused, closer to a sports bike (I guess it was one of the original street fighters - probably before the term was even invented).

The duke has been nicknamed "Te Taniwha" - Maori for The Monster ("wh" is pronounced "f" in Maori); as I am a kiwi and the bike being black and silver; I thought it was fitting.

I think the only change I want to make at this stage is to put a belly pan on it; any suggestions appreciated.

Here's a pic of the Benelli:

And a hi res, if the above didn't work:
http://postimg.org/image/4mlxd14hv/
Old 13-11-2015, 09:04 PM   #8
ValiantBoy

And some of Te Taniwha

Took it down to MD Racing in Walton on Thames this afternoon for a check over and they said it was fine, had been sitting for a while so the chain was a bit seized up; but all good now. Really good guys down there.
Old 14-11-2015, 06:42 PM   #9
damien666

Bike: S4Rs
I bought a carbon belly pan 4 ish years ago off an italan company on ebay. Came with brackets, but i seem to remember having to source some bolts. The advert was in italian. Just be aware some are sold with a shiny clearcoat and others without, for painting.
Took a while to fiddle with brackets to get it to sit right. Once done it can be removed/reffitted no probs.
Mines not on the bike at the moment otherwise i would have taken you a pic.
I'm led to believe that the shape is specific to the s4r ( testastretta) and s4rs. Due to the deep sump.
damien666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2015, 06:58 PM   #10
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien666 View Post
I bought a carbon belly pan 4 ish years ago off an italan company on ebay. Came with brackets, but i seem to remember having to source some bolts. The advert was in italian. Just be aware some are sold with a shiny clearcoat and others without, for painting.
Took a while to fiddle with brackets to get it to sit right. Once done it can be removed/reffitted no probs.
Mines not on the bike at the moment otherwise i would have taken you a pic.
I'm led to believe that the shape is specific to the s4r ( testastretta) and s4rs. Due to the deep sump.
And different shape/bigger oil cooler than the s4 or s4r

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2015, 02:55 PM   #11
yusaf1

Bike: M800ie
Hi Valiant boy, good to hear of another monster owner nearby as I'm just down the road ish, happy to hook up for a ride when it warms up next year
yusaf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2015, 09:07 AM   #12
ValiantBoy

sounds good; gagging to get out again, but she's now in storage for the winter.