UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Kits & Accessories » New boots needed help on decision

Old 28-03-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
New boots needed help on decision

I have my dainese K boots for around 10 years and they have given me good service other than replacing toe sliders as they fall off ( not screwed on )

Anyway I dont want to spend mega hundreds as I dont race. I wanted Dainese as all my leathers are them but not adversed to change. I dont want spangly colours just Black and no silly straps and clamps but waterproofish modern looking and still sporty. I looked at the Dainese Fulcrum at £159 and wondered about the sidi's. Do they still squeak. A decent site with bargains will help and I need a 10/ 45 in euro size as my 9.5/44 are a wee tight with thick socks.

These are the sidi's Im looking at
http://www.phmotorcycles.co.uk/cloth...-rain-evo-boot

Thanks for any good help you can give me.

Last edited by Albie; 28-03-2010 at 07:42 PM..
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
Rogerg

Have a look at Daytona boot Ablie,

They are superb
Old 28-03-2010, 07:56 PM   #3
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I love my Daytonas, quite expensive, look a bit odd but warm, 'all day' comfortable and 100% waterproof. Get yourself down to a shop with a good selection and try a bunch of different boots on, after all you feet are, well, personal, so only you can decide. I found my Sidi black rain leaked like teabags from day one.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
chris yeatman
I still have the s4r!

Bike: S4r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerg View Post
Have a look at Daytona boot Ablie,

They are superb
wot rog said,^^^^^^^^^ also got them.
Old 28-03-2010, 07:58 PM   #5
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
daytona's
Old 28-03-2010, 07:58 PM   #6
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Ok matey. Had at look at P & H motorcycles website. Not too far and a good range.
Old 28-03-2010, 08:26 PM   #7
Rally
Taking life easy........

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Albie, My boots are "Oxstar" and are fantastic value for money. They have goretex linings and never let water in, even walking through streams with them whilst watching enduros. I cannot recommend them enough. Mine are plain black with a simple pull tight cord covered with a velcro front flap.
Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #8
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Visit to the shops this week. Annoyingly they all seem to be fixed prices even on the bay.
Old 28-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #9
MrsC_772
Silver Member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Andy says his Daytona Goretex boots are the best bit of kit he bought. On a particularly grim wet ride back from his parents, his feet were the only bits of him that stayed dry. His were from Hein Gericke - I think they might be these: http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/shop/p...oducts_id/5307.

I know quite a few people on another forum swear by Altbergs - ugly and take some wearing in, but very waterproof and tough. (Will probably go for Altbergs myself when my current boots give up the ghost, especially as Altberg make size 3 1/2, or even made to measure).
MrsC_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 09:16 PM   #10
Rally
Taking life easy........

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
George Whites in Swindon are the cheapest in the UK at their outlet shop. I'm not sure if their website has a shop or not? It may be worth a look.
Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 09:35 PM   #11
Thirdway

Daytona's one of the best bits of kit I have ever bought. I'm still on the original pair I bought back in 1997. Mine are not supposed to be waterproof but do a damned good job of acting like it. Comfortable as slippers on and off the bike.

The other alternative, but not as pretty IMO are the solidy built Altbergs which are hand made in Richmond North Yorkshire and are CE rated. Always come 1st or second in Ride magazine reviews and owners swear by them.

Both of these boots can be sent back to the manufacture for a re-sole and re-condition.
Old 28-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #12
southfrance

just got some TCX Performance boots, entry level sport/street boot, black, simple design, size 45, very comfy, 100 quid , very pleased.

sf
Old 29-03-2010, 08:41 AM   #13
sburrows87

I wear alpinestars smx plus boots and although they look a bit flashy and are a bit of a pain to get on and off they are really really comfy, iv had an off in them too and they saved my feet...
Old 29-03-2010, 09:02 AM   #14
Gilps

I've got some Gaerne boots which I raced and crashed in several times. Very comfy, good value, and protect the feet well in an off.

I've also got Altberg Lighweight Clubman Roadster which I rate highly. Totally waterproof, very well made, service is excellent, resole service available too. I wouldn't go as far as to say they are ugly. They are just not fashionable like Sidis/Astar etc. Personally I don't think they are any worse looking than Daytonas which are probably about the best boots you can get. Several police forces use the Altbergs as standard kit for their riders.
Old 29-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #15
scareycarey

Daytona defo the best I've owned but pricey, I just got some puma boots which are comfy as the trainers from the off....