UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Spotted » Nonnie?

Old 14-10-2007, 04:53 PM   #1
gremlin

Nonnie?

Coming out of side road in Brooke lunchtime today We were on Sunday club run. unfortunately a lass binned her bike on the way back. She'd only had it two days and it was her first run. it nearly took out the guy in front and us as it spun in the road.
Old 14-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #2
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Only in the car today sadly even though it was a beautiful day.

Is this the perils of going too fast and trying to keep up when inexperienced?

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 08:33 PM   #3
gremlin

We saw a 1098 pulling out , thats what made us think it might be you.
as for lass who binned her bike, it was far to big for her, she hadn't much experience and Sunday club is really for hard riders who are happy sitting at a ton plus. She wasn't sure about going out bless her but got talked into it. It was a shame but luckily apart from the chap who nearly hit us no injuries (he has rather sore bits having hit the tank and had girlfriend slam into his back adding to the momentum) she stayed on brilliantly but she has ridden horses for years so has the "I'm staying on whatever happens" mentality. It made all of them slow down a bit, but no doubt normal service will be resumed at the next meet. Clive was concerned it would put me off and is a bit shakey considering we had to miss two bikes out of control. Makes me all the more determined to have a separate girls club with no testosterone dictating speed etc.
Old 14-10-2007, 08:42 PM   #4
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
That's why I don't ride with people like that. I generally know who I'm riding with and know their style and any new comers (don't I sound local) I will observe. Any shenannigans and I'm down the next side road. Got no time for it. I need to get home more than I need to rev the arse off my bike and get myself killed in a horrible 3 way bike collision because I got a red mist and was determined to keep up whatever happens and then I binned it and came off and took other people with me or died badly under a car coming the other way or hit a pedestrian child walking a fluffy puppy etc etc

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote