UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » first time

Old 02-05-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
BoozyBOB

first time

was chatting with friends today and they were amused when i said i had been speaking with people on the internet and then drove 60 mile round trip to meet total strangers for a coffee...

this was my first ride to meet Phoenix,Bunny,Duncan with his son pillion,Zimbo..and another (sorry forgot your name).. at the Red Lion in Aylsbury had a great day out and was made as welcome as a long lost friend so thanks to you lot that introduced me to the club.. and i have now been friends with lots more monsterers for many years...

what was your first meeting with monsterers.. (i am sure you felt at home)
Old 02-05-2007, 06:10 PM   #2
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
That was a while ago!!! Happy days . . . .
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:16 PM   #3
Bunny

I met Duncan in a pub in Bristol - 5 years ago !!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 06:17 PM   #4
fatbloke

Grant (M750) and me (M600) our first meeting was
lets join a club
Which one ?
DSC ?
na dont fancy that
DOC ?
na not that either
bugger it lets start our own
seems to have worked and long my it last
Old 02-05-2007, 07:37 PM   #5
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Early March (?3rd) in 2002 for the ride-in to the opening of Ducati London South. There were many there and it was a great feeling to be blatting along with about 30 others
Had only got the M750 the night before on the Friday, and by the Monday it had done 740 miles & Snells had to find room to get the first service done

Was my first experience of persons such as Marky, Didge, Harley, Grunt & fatbloke - all of whom I've seen in the last year, or even more recently (eh Harley & Didge)
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #6
JR

I met up with Duncan at the Shell garage Stonehouse 4 years ago, for a ride out to a pub - I also did a run to the Red Lion at Aylesbury and met Boozy Bob around that time (was i the forgotten Monster or was that another day?). As Zimbo said - Happy days - a lot of water has gone under the bridge for me since then!
Old 02-05-2007, 08:18 PM   #7
Headhunter
THFC

Bike: M620ie
About a year and a half ago to go to Southwold for chips. First member I met was our London leader, Benson

Sir Winston Churchill
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:38 PM   #8
Shandy

A couple of years or so ago i met Nattyboy the local Delboy of Swindonsville!!!!

Guess what he even sold me something too, he's been emptying my wallet ever since for parts and bling stuff
Old 02-05-2007, 08:47 PM   #9
scrumpster

I think my first unplanned meeting was Bob and Pedro on Portsdown Hill, I believe I was with my ex who got me into bikes. This was followed by a rideout (my first ever) to where I can't remember and with whom, many. I remember meeting Nonnie at the mini mega meet 2 years ago and we hit it off and have been in touch ever since - rock on Team Crumble!! This must be the nicest, friendliest, coolest bunch on the internet
Old 02-05-2007, 08:54 PM   #10
SazzaG

Ah, I remember it well!

It was May 2003, I'd had my license for 2 weeks, and Didge was having a BBQ. I phoned him for directions (hello, you don't know me, but can you tell me where your house is?), and there I met Didge (obviously), JMo, CK, Blufoot, Crust and BoozyBob. (Sorry if I've forgotten anyone!)

I still have fond memories of that day, eating massive burgers, and all of us sheltering from the rain under the tiny lean-to, along with the BBQ. Why we didn't just go in the house, I don't know!

And that was the beginning of many beautiful friendships....

My first ride out was Boozy's grand tour of Hampshire about a month later - can't remember who I met there, 'cos there was about 30 of us! 200 miles in one day, 6 weeks after getting my license - now that was a baptism of fire! I still think that if it weren't for the club, I wouldn't have my monster now.

Why Rog let me go out alone to meet a bunch of strangers I met on the internet, I'll never know! I still have trouble explaining the club to friends and colleagues even now, without us sounding like a bunch of weirdos!

Last edited by SazzaG; 02-05-2007 at 08:57 PM..
Old 02-05-2007, 08:57 PM   #11
Scotty

errm turned up for the national ride out at the weekender a few years ago

i think sharon was at the next weekender and i haven't dared go back since
Old 02-05-2007, 09:24 PM   #12
scrumpster

You cheeky wotnot, and as it happened I didn't go last year either and you still owe me a pint!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 10:15 PM   #13
Pegleg Pete

My first encounter with you lot was at Box Hill about...ooohhh...about 2 weeks ago We rode to Peacehaven. Then this weekend we rode to Bristol and Ive been to 2 wednesday nights at Rykas now. I still haven't met any Hampsters yet...Where are you all hiding then?
Old 03-05-2007, 06:37 AM   #14
squiffything

My first time of meeting any of you lot was to the open day at the Colchester bike place last summer (sorry terrible with names) I went along with NeilP and met up with Paranoid Dave and Benson. Then a few weeks later Dave sent me a message to ask if I wanted to head up to the Vtwin meet at some airfield in Lincolnshire so a rideout was had. I met up with the aforesaid and Nonnie and Rod and the lovely Puddinhead and have been a 'crumbly' ever since

The people in this club/forum/organisation or whatever you like to refer it as are amazing whereever you go to meet them you are always made to feel welcome and although they may be total strangers because you have been chatting on here it really is like meeting old friends for the first time.

Top job Fatbloke you did good all those years ago
Old 03-05-2007, 06:55 AM   #15
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

First meet was the Boozy's Hampshire Tour about 4 years ago now and the first impression I got of the UKMOC was Didge.....

It's a wonder I stayed!!!