UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » i'm a newbe n nearly a full biker lol

Old 30-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #1
Amethyst

i'm a newbe n nearly a full biker lol

Hi to everyone. I'm new to this forum stuff but thought I'd have a go. I've been practicing on my own 125 and I've got my test in a few days. Hopefully it'l go ok because I really fancy getting a monster 696. I'm assured that they are a good first big bike and are ideal for the novice rider. I love the look of them and when I sat on one I wanted to take it home then !! It made my little 125 feel like a toy. I've had loads of encouragment from my other half and he says that I am ready for a bigger bike with the way I ride my 125. So I am wondering if any one of you have any comments on the 696 and if it is true that they are a good first big bike.

Last edited by Amethyst; 30-09-2008 at 10:03 PM..
Old 30-09-2008, 10:30 PM   #2
Mr Cake

The 696 is a super looking bike but has received mixed opinions, especially from the "MK1" Monster faithful out there. Go for it I say

Chorley Cake
Old 30-09-2008, 11:28 PM   #3
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
It'll do you nicely
One of my sisters got a new Hornet a few months ago which she didn't get on with. Sensible sister that she is has seen the light and is swapping out to a 695 on Wednesday.
As she said it feels light, handles nicely, sounds nice and looks cool.
Get one
Old 01-10-2008, 07:44 AM   #4
Arbeia

Go for the monster i`m sure u`l be very happy with it. I had a 696 and loved the thing. it is the perfect 1st time bike and the seat is low espesially for the smaller ladies But be carefull as it begs to be opened up and can certainly be a licence loser
Old 01-10-2008, 11:07 AM   #5
MrsJel

Its certainly easier to manoeuvre at slow speed than the older monsters - go for it.

Carole
Old 01-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #6
Amethyst

Hi, thanks for all the info on the 696. Looks like I'll be getting one then. It's also a plus aswell because of the seat height as I am a 28inch leg (small n cuddly lol).