UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi everyone

Old 04-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
DaveM

Hi everyone

Thought I best come and introduce myself

My name (as if you had not guessed) is Dave and I live in the Isle of Man. I am originally from Edinburgh and moved here 6 years ago, I have not looked back since I love it here, kinda has that feeling I was always meant to be here. Not to mention we have some awesome roads here.

I have just put down a deposit on a red 2004 M620IE with just 979 miles on it and I cant wait to pick it up.
This will be my first Ducati, I have mainly riden off road bikes and motards in the past but now the call of the mountain circuit is just too much.

Has anyone any suggestions on replacement cans for my Monster when I get it?

I have had a quick browse here on the forum and Termignoni keeps coming up but I cant find anywhere online that lists them for my bike to get an idea of cost. Have they now stopped production or something?

I am not looking for powergains I just want to make the bike sound a whole lot better and take full advantage of that lovely V Twin song. I would also prefer it if the cans were shorter than the OE ones

What exhaust do you guys have?

Anyway nice to meet you all and I am sure you will be reading a whole load more daft questions from me in the future.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #2
DavidEJM

Welcome Dave (hey we could start our own group!)

Good luck with the bike. I've got Termis on mine and they sound great. There are other options and I'm sure others will be along soon to give their opinions, but most seem to go with the Termis. They're not cheap though.

Maybe see you one year at the TT, I've been tempted to come over for years now and never get round ot it.

David
Old 04-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #3
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
hi and welcome. hope to visit iom next year with a few other ukmoc. you just missed out on a set of hilevel leo vinces someone sold for a mere £150. bargain. lots to choose from but whatever floats your boat carbon or aluminium or titanium. keep an eye on ebay too.

i run termis in carbon
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:24 PM   #4
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
Welcome Dave!

I had Termis (stainless steel) on my M600 and they really turned heads!! They’re not cheap new, but I picked up mine for about £150 on ebay, so if you can wait, you can get a set for reasonable money. Believe be, they were worth every penny!! Had the old “not for road use” stamped on them, but as it was right on the inside of the can my MOT tester “didn’t see it”.

Stainless steel are cheapest, followed by carbon and Titanium (I think). If you want them in the same position as your regular cans they slip straight on (even a mechanical novice like me can undo a couple of bolts). I personally like the look of the high level ones, which I think you just need a different link pipe for (but I may be wrong ).
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
DaveM

Hey folks, thanks for the welcome and replies

I would really like high level cans in carbon. Is there a kit available that would allow cans to be moved to the high level position at a later date if I could only get replacement low level cans to begin with?

I had a browse over ebay and I could not find any exhausts to suit my bike on there, do they come up often or is it quite rare?

Do any of you have links to places to buy new? just so I can have a look

If you guys see any second hand ones for sale anywhere I would appreciate it if you could give me a shout.

Are there any other recommended upgrades or mods I should be looking at?

Does anyone make a tail tidy for the 620ie?

Oh and I nearly forgot, I don't have to worry about an unfriendly MOT tester as we have no MOTs here on the Isle of Man
Old 04-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #6
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

hi dave. the answer is a straight NO. either low or high mounts not interchangable.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #7
pegboy

Hi Dave and welcome

I have just brought 2nd hand termis, they sound great to me, especially in tunnels as the noise bounces off the walls, yeah.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #8
kneedown

end cans

hi dave and welcome
been to the iom many times i think 15 to date last was 2002 but will get back .
loved to watch joey there he was a master .
anyway good luck and catch you there one day
Old 04-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #9
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post

I had a browse over ebay and I could not find any exhausts to suit my bike on there, do they come up often or is it quite rare?
Mine were advertised as for an M750, but were interchangeable with my M600 cans. Not exactly sure if the same goes for your's, but someone will know. Either way, can't see ANY monster Termis on fleabay

Quote:
Oh and I nearly forgot, I don't have to worry about an unfriendly MOT tester as we have no MOTs here on the Isle of Man
Nice! I never knew that You learn something everyday...
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:44 PM   #10
Pomp1

Hi and welcome. Termignoni goes hand in hand with Ducati, a bit down to the brand complementing each other but mainly because they look, sound and perform so well. Good luck with the hunt, IMO go for hi-level (but I'm biased) don't expect them to be cheap thought
Old 05-08-2009, 08:30 AM   #11
DaveM

Thanks for the welcome messages and advice

Looks like Termis is the way to go then

I found these on ebay what are your opinions

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ducati-monster...d=p3286.c0.m14

I could not find a listing for my monster on the Akrapovic website only newer monsters, have they ceased production of these cans?

Last edited by DaveM; 05-08-2009 at 08:36 AM..
Old 05-08-2009, 09:36 AM   #12
Panther

You could try some Mivv's they are shorter than Termignoni Exhausts

http://www.motorcycle-exhausts.co.uk...oducts_id=2127

here are mine, on a 620 Unfortunately they are on reserve to be sold

Or you can look at getting some Sill Motor

e.g
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

-Cut the lid or a big hole in your airbox you get the lovely sucking raw! there are loads of how to's on here. But you might need your air/fuel remaped if you do this mod with racing exhausts

-14 tooth front sprocket for better acceleration and soother at lower speed. If your 620 is 5 speed however this mod could be annoying because of high rev's when riding at 'motorway' speeds.

-tail chop rather than a tidy tail ~ IMO

Good luck

Panther

Last edited by Panther; 05-08-2009 at 10:15 AM..
Old 05-08-2009, 09:49 AM   #13
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome messages and advice

Looks like Termis is the way to go then

I found these on ebay what are your opinions

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ducati-monster...d=p3286.c0.m14

I could not find a listing for my monster on the Akrapovic website only newer monsters, have they ceased production of these cans?
lovely exhausts. i would get them if they fit.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:37 AM   #14
DaveM

Thanks guys

I am sure the Akrapovic titanium cans would look and sound awesome but not so sure my bank manager would like me so much if I was to buy these the day after buying the bike but I spose I could always

Had a call from the dealers and it will be ready for me early next week
Old 05-08-2009, 07:57 PM   #15
Hoolie

Welcome Dave. I'm soooo envious of you living in the IOM. My sis and brother-in-law live there - we've just been over for the Southern 100 and had a great few days riding the whole island. Didn't take my monster - we flew over and used my brother-in-laws bikes as he has 21 of them so has a few to spare!

I'd like to take it next time though as I can just imagine riding it there. Enjoy the bike and the forum. There's some great info on here and I really should post more often!!!