UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Cans, Tyres, Brakes, etc. » Mivv Xcone

Old 05-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
PDS

Mivv Xcone

I am thinking about changing the cans on my S4, I am currently liking the Mivv Xcone design but can't seem to find any real decent pictures of them fitted on a monster like the S4 or 900 etc, so wondered is anyone has any half decent pictures of them fitted to a "original" shape monster.

I do find it amazing, the lack of decent pictures on alot of websites selling exhausts considering the prices asked.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
Cutter
Bronze Member

Bike: M900
Think mine are x-cones...

http://chickenshackducatiproject.blo...d-glamour.html

http://www.bikeexif.com/ducati-monster-900
Old 05-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Oh nice I didn't realise that they did these as cones, I'm sure that something would be lost in the translation

Hi or low levels??
Old 06-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
PDS

Thanks for the link cutter, nice looking machine.

@nickj I am looking for low levels, i do think the high levels look good but i think low levels are the better looking, to me when the high levels are fitted something just does not look right,
Old 06-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #5
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Thin high levels exiting under the seat look rather nice but that'd be a major job.
A pair of thin pipes on one side a la S2 is nice, not sure if that would work without a single side swing arm though
The low xcones do look good and loose that piggin great blob of exhaust the hits the ground as soon as you think about getting serious in corners

Last edited by Nickj; 06-02-2012 at 09:05 PM..
Nickj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #6
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I did manage to hit the ground with my pipes couple of times not fun if you think about it as they can hook. Hence my plan to fit something else As soon as job is sorted will get right to it.

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #7
rac3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint aka ML View Post
I did manage to hit the ground with my pipes couple of times not fun if you think about it as they can hook. Hence my plan to fit something else As soon as job is sorted will get right to it.
This happened to someone on another forum, Hornet 600 with no exhaust strap. Dug in and flipped the bike I think, sad thing was the bike was modded well and looked awesome