UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello There

Old 13-04-2009, 09:14 PM   #1
ryanracer

Hello There

I'm a Yank that lives here in AZ, USA...Yes it is hot here. I am the proud owner of a white 696. Yes it is my first Duc and my first street bike. It took many years to finally convince my wife that I was not going to kill myself on a bike. So last year I finally received her blessing. Since purchasing my 696, I have got the modding bug. I was the first to do a tutorial on how to core the 696 exhaust over on the monster forums in the U.S. and I have now developed and aftermarket oil cooler for the 696 and now the 695 and 620. I have been a racing driver for the last 23 years and in fact even raced over there on your side of the pond in the Formula Renault series. Brands Hatch is still one of my all time favorite tracks! None the less I wanted to stop by and say hi to all the folks on here and I do have a bit of knowledge about fabrication and some mechanical skills. I am a bit retarded when it comes to answering questions about women however.

regards,
Ryan

Old 13-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
walpole68

Welcome Ryan,nice looking bike,the cans look good in black.
Old 13-04-2009, 09:29 PM   #3
Snips

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for saying Hi to us Limeys

I lived in Ca for a couple of years and got back into biking there with a 620. There's a great Monster crowd out there - it's easier to get (and keep) a license too

The new-style Monster's look great in b&w.

I guess our search for someone who understands women continues... we have some on this board who are particularly strange
Old 13-04-2009, 09:34 PM   #4
Pomp1

Hy Ryan, welcome, the neighbours must love it when you guys fire up all of them at once..
Old 13-04-2009, 09:34 PM   #5
Arbeia

Howdy partner!
How did you get your cans black? or what did you use?
Old 13-04-2009, 11:15 PM   #6
ryanracer

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I wire wheeled the covers and then had them hard anodized black. There is a type of powder coat that is on the aluminum covers that can not be stripped off by chemical means. Hence the need for the wire wheel. They have held up extremely well since they are a type III anodize. The next question is how long will they continue to stay black. Most black anodizing fades in a few months, but apparently there is a new process that makes them much more resistant to UV. So far so good after 6 months in the Arizona sun. Some day I would like to take the bike over to Brands or Snetterton, but flights are expensive for motorcycles.

Thanks again all of you!

Regards,
Ryan Hampton