UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Advice on bike cover for Monster 900!

Old 23-07-2008, 03:14 PM   #1
amandaw

Question Advice on bike cover for Monster 900!

Just got myself a Monster 900 Dark and SOOO love it (last bike was a GSXR400) but I'm a bit spooked by stories of horrendous service costs for Dukes...

I don't have a garage, so want to get a good all-weather cover to keep my baby dry and warm outside.

Can anyone recommend a good brand name or website? The only ones I've found look rather light and as if they may let the bike 'sweat' under the covers (ooo er missus)...

Any advice gratefull received!
A
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/i...ilies/idea.gif
Old 23-07-2008, 03:25 PM   #2
Seb_uk
Bronze Member

Bike: M695
The Oxford Stormex covers are pretty much the best outdoor covers you can get (breathable too) - I think offhand they are about £50 - 60ish - pricey but worth it - They normally have some on fleabay. Make sure you get a medium and not large as I was sold a large and it was waaaaay to big!!
Seb_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 06:23 PM   #3
retskcid

i believe my canvas (i think) job is an oxford, been using it on and off for ten years and its still going strong. mine has eyelets around the edges, and i use one to padlock the cover to the rear disk - stops theives and the cover getting blown off!
Old 24-07-2008, 07:13 AM   #4
kool4katz

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Just got myself a Monster 900 Dark and SOOO love it (last bike was a GSXR400) but I'm a bit spooked by stories of horrendous service costs for Dukes...

I don't have a garage, so want to get a good all-weather cover to keep my baby dry and warm outside.

Can anyone recommend a good brand name or website? The only ones I've found look rather light and as if they may let the bike 'sweat' under the covers (ooo er missus)...

Any advice gratefull received!
A
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/i...ilies/idea.gif
Hi
I have just bought an Oxford 2008 Aquatex cover for my 696. Fits like a glove. Buy a medium .Mine has a little spare length so should fit a 900.Goes all the way to the ground and it has a strap and clip across the middle .The inside cover has a soft coating to protect paintwork.It cost me less than £20 off ebay from a company called MSG.
Really good value.

Paul
Old 24-07-2008, 07:14 AM   #5
kool4katz

Oh and forgot to say it also has two reinforced eyelets down by the front wheel to allow you to put a chain or whatever through the cover.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:28 AM   #6
wastedd

Cant help with your question....

But I moved from a cbr400 to a M900. Its quite a difference