UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Halogen spotlights illegal?

Old 06-08-2004, 06:38 PM   #1
SAMMYE

Halogen spotlights illegal?

anyone know if the halogen spotlights you get would be legal if you stuck them on a bike as main lights?? and if not what you could do to make them legal??
Old 12-08-2004, 05:02 PM   #2
duke900

lights

I believe that as long as the lights are correctly posistioned then there is no problem with the spot lights I have an Acberis (whatever) spot light set on my monster passed MOT with them on. Also some news on exhausts as long as they do not display NOT FOR ROAD USE and not too loud then you dont need to have them stamped.
Nick
Old 12-08-2004, 08:10 PM   #3
crust
rattles when he walks

Bike: M900
depends on how legal you want to be.

Strictly speaking they are not legal because of the beam pattern so you'd have to change the glass to make them legal.

Whether an MOT tester would be interested or not is another matter,same with the police.

For the MOT you'd probably have to sort out a parking light.

BTW just because something passes an MOT dosent strictly make it legal, MOTs only test certain items, construction and use regulations go a lot further. So your bike might get an MOT with a dodgy exhaust/lights etc dosent mean to say a jobsworth copper couldn't do you for it.

Crust
crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 08:38 PM   #4
Scotty

r kid brother had a halogen spot light but in blue apparently cars got out of the way sharpish with a couple of flashes on that, but the police didnt find it quite so errm legal as it were
Old 13-08-2004, 09:14 AM   #5
DevilBoy

I once went in a taxi that had a police siren under the bonnet, and everytime the traffic got a little bad, he would flip a switch and flash his headlights, and away he went.

Im thinkin of gettin one of them on me monster. not like they dont get out of the way anyway, with the hell hounds ive got growling inside my exhausts!