UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Cans, Tyres, Brakes, etc. » Steel / Braided Lines The Best?????

Old 16-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
STIVH

Steel / Braided Lines The Best?????

Help I am looking in the new year to replace on my ongoing 907ie rebuild new brake and clutch lines is it possible any folk on here can link me up with the best make, the cheapest costing and the best looking available....................so many to choose from - what is the favourite choice of the few from so many?

many thanks

Stiv
Old 16-12-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
Pomp1

Venhill for me..
Old 16-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
d8mok

Bike: M1100s
Ive put HEL lines on my 848. They seem better quality than the other brands ive seen. And arent too expensive. I got a deal for £45 for front race split lines and rear one
d8mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #4
SunEye

Bike: Other Ducati
I've used Goodridge and HEL brake lines on Kawasakis. Both worked well. Always just used the transparent PVC coated ones with plain stainless steel fittings. The HEL lines were harder to fit to the rear of a ZRX1200 than the Goodridge, but I think that may be a specific issue for that bike.
SunEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #5
blue_toaster

I'll recommend HEL as a company. They made me a set for free for an ABS Honda CB1300 in exchange for using my rubber lines as templates for their new product range. I got a selection of lines and fittings back to try, along with my originals in exchange for giving them feedback. The lines fitted a treat.
Old 17-12-2011, 10:48 AM   #6
NattyBoy
Monsterless again for now

Bike: M900
Hel for me. Nice avatar BTW. Might get the missus to try that one later..LOL
NattyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #7
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyBoy View Post
Hel for me. Nice avatar BTW. Might get the missus to try that one later..LOL
You've got her well insured for accidental damage then??
Old 17-12-2011, 04:34 PM   #8
Sam69

Goodridge, Earls, Venhill have used them all, depends if you want to make your own or buy ready made find Earls better for price if you start a business account (make up a name) 30% discount straight away, but I have seen lines ready made on fleabay for not much more than the price of making them yourself.
Old 17-12-2011, 04:42 PM   #9
Yorkie
Anglo-Saxon Warrior

Bike: M900
Cool

Goodridge for me, with a nice smoked black cover, nice bits of kit with black ends.

Yorkie
Old 17-12-2011, 09:41 PM   #10
STIVH

Many thanks for the input thus far Hel look the part but are pretty expensive compared to Goodridge and Venhill made specific for the bike I think I may of cocked up here because looking at the prices online and that which I was offered at the NEC I could of bagged a bargain.......Grrrrrrrrr!

I want them ready made and the rear needs an angled and adjustable bango on one end.

I am now also looking (thinking??) at coloured banjo's aswell the clear coating is a must as the Home made braided lines I have on are filthy from road crud.