UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » Clutch Question?

Old 04-05-2017, 03:00 PM   #1
AshM750

Clutch Question?

Hi all,

As most of you know I have just finished putting my 97 M750 back together, I have had it running a few times now just to make sure its running ok for MOT next wednestday.

Today I started her up and left her running for about 20mins as I wanted it to reach full temp. I decided to put it gear to check it would run but when I let the clutch out nothing happened, I could hear it attempting to engage, it was like the clutch wasnt quite biteing. Anyway after about 15mins of scratching my head I thought I would bleed the clutch to see if this was the problem and hey presto it works fine now.

Can anyone tell me how this happend as the clutch felt fine before this, was it somthing to do with the heat on idle? Possible airlock? Will it do it again?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Last edited by AshM750; 04-05-2017 at 03:11 PM..
Old 04-05-2017, 05:26 PM   #2
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Is it an internal slave or external? You could have a leak somewhere is my guess or maybe its just bedding back in. Have you checked the clutch was working ok before, since the rebuild?

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:11 PM   #3
AshM750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
Is it an internal slave or external? You could have a leak somewhere is my guess or maybe its just bedding back in. Have you checked the clutch was working ok before, since the rebuild?
Hi, it internal slave, it was working last week but I didn't run it for that long. The bleed seems to have cured it, I will try again tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:32 PM   #4
bazread

I had the same happen to me when the engine was hot the lack of clutch was due to an airlock in the system, clutch bled and everything tightened to stop any air ingress and everything was solved.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:02 AM   #5
AshM750

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazread View Post
I had the same happen to me when the engine was hot the lack of clutch was due to an airlock in the system, clutch bled and everything tightened to stop any air ingress and everything was solved.
That's really good to know.

Thanks
Old 07-05-2017, 08:38 AM   #6
AshM750

So checked it again yesterday and it did it again but not as bad, so I bled it again. It seems to be ok this time, gona take it for a proper ride on Wednesday.