UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » My first race

Old 24-04-2004, 12:15 PM   #1
invigiator

My first race

Next weekend I am entering my first motorcycle race at Ebisu racetrack. :burnout: I'm going with some experienced (and some talented) racers who will be holding my hand, but I was wondering if anybody had any specifically monster-related advice. For example I've heard it's notoriously difficult to get your knee down on a monster; I've invested in my first pair of knee sliders but have felt that I've come pretty close in the past without looking for it. And do people generally remove the headlight/tail units, or just tape them up?

I'm also booked in for Suzuka, Tsukuba, and Sendai in May. Hoping to get to Motegi in June, but it's going to be HOT. :twisted:
Old 24-04-2004, 01:52 PM   #2
stevie

Tape up your lights, prove your bikes roadworthy, and its dead easy to get your knee down, you,ll probably grind your exhausts as well.
Steve
Old 26-04-2004, 05:36 PM   #3
sidrat
ex S4rs owner

Bike: S4r
your knee will go down no sweat, its real easy on a monster. Just be carefull with ground clearance, don't be tempted into going faster than you are capable. If you look as though you are going to run out of race track.....DONT BRAKE, you will run off the track, its better to keep leaning the bike, chances are 9 times out of 10 you will get round the corner!
Old 03-05-2004, 09:15 AM   #4
invigiator

Woohoo!!!

I just got back from my first race at Ebisu. I gridded 14 in my group and finished 12th, no big achievement, but considering I was on the wimpy M400 and the other bikes were the likes of NSR250R and big sport bikes, I'm quite pleased.

I managed to get 1.18 lap times and grind down my knee pucks and gear-changer. Time to save up for rearsets and clip ons.

Later this month I'm going to Suzuka and Tsukuba on a CBR600, then to Sendai on the monster again. Anyway, here are some pic.s:

Old 03-05-2004, 03:03 PM   #5
Elmo

Looks fantastic, we're off to mallory Park in June hehe.