UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » I want! » Whoops - master cyl. setback...

Old 18-09-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
Cutter
Bronze Member

Bike: M900
Unhappy Whoops - master cyl. setback...

Trying to get my brakes filled and bled. Decided to loosen bleed valve on front master cylinder (as was having trouble sucking fluid through at caliper valve so was investigatin') and it sheared like a piece of cheese

Long story but I bought what I thought was a 916 front master cylinder and after discussions with Oberon due to lever fitment confusion it appears to be an S4R one. Anyone got a bleed valve for an S4R front master cylinder please? (not for caliper - this is much smaller)....

Unlikely I know but worth trying. If not hopefully I can order one from new......?
Old 18-09-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
Cutter
Bronze Member

OK so was worried that brembo parts hard to get. However found a site advertising bleed nipple and saying it fits all their master cylinders and some of their calipers. I'm hoping it's not going to turn up and be normal caliper size as what I need is a smaller.

it's M10x1.00 ?Still worth a punt for three pound fifty and I'm desperate. Those of you who have seen my blog recently will know I have set myself target of test run on the road on 1st October!
Old 18-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #3
Cutter
Bronze Member

Oops again - just looked on Bevelheads in US. Think I need one of these instead. Need to take some deep breaths and get my sh*t together...

"stainless steel bleed screws for older BREMBO F08 and F05 calipers with dual bleed screws M6 x 1.0 thread. These also fit lots of newer BREMBO calipers and master cylinders with the same pitch."