Lovely day for a ride to work and yet again another nail in my back tire
3rd nail in 4months not a happy bunny
Going to try and limp the monster home
Old 19-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #2
nambduke
Silver Member

Bike: M1000ie
Put.....

.....Ultraseal in your tyres.....or carry an emergency repair kit.....after my last puncture, I carry the repair kit option!

Regards,
Mark

PS - did anyone stop to help you? Long story.......but search my previous threads on punctures!!
Old 19-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #3
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Last week I had a 3 week old rear tyre pick up a bit of rat tail file. Up though the tread and out of the sidewall hard against the rim.
The gollop in the tyre sealed the big hole, a 6mm diameter file looks huuugggeeeee, but the sidewall was a no go. Stuffed in some log thin strips of inner tube so I could trundle off and get another new tyre fitted.
Old 19-08-2009, 11:42 PM   #4
Liz
Co-ordination

Oh, I thought this was going to be a thread about staying in and painting your nails - I think it's what I should do after yet another disaster!!
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
nambduke
Silver Member

Bike: M1000ie
What are you ladies thinking of??

Get yourself to bed!

Regards,
Mark
Old 20-08-2009, 09:34 PM   #6
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambduke View Post
did anyone stop to help you?
Last breakdown, well stopped before it became a problem, a real problem that cost to fix. Repair was all of £2.66 in the end

About 6 bikes passed, the only one that stopped was a Tuono and a guy who lives a bit down the road. Too much rubbish in his van to fit the bike in though.
Old 20-08-2009, 10:06 PM   #7
Liz
Co-ordination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickj View Post
Last breakdown, well stopped before it became a problem, a real problem that cost to fix. Repair was all of £2.66 in the end

About 6 bikes passed, the only one that stopped was a Tuono and a guy who lives a bit down the road. Too much rubbish in his van to fit the bike in though.
Hey Nick,

Sorry about your tyre probs (and taking the p**s about 'painting nails' - only joking!!). Had to call out bike recovery last night after falling off on a tight corner and snapping the gear lever (yes, I am still very p****d off with myself but it was quite funny really - see 'I need cheering up' thread).

So, 10pm last night, I am standing next to the bike in a small dark lane, lots of bikes went past due to a diversion which is why I fell off in the first place - THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Maybe they thought I was just standing there while the 'rider' was somewhere else? So guys, if you do see a lady standing by a bike who looks like she might be ok (BUT IS PROBABLY PUTTING ON AN 'I'M OK FRONT'), take some time and stop and ask if she's ok - I'm sure most UKMOC would even if it wasn't a Ducati!

Liz
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote