UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » London Service

Old 23-07-2009, 07:57 AM   #1
ducmon83

London Service

Bare with me, i'm gonna have a bit of a rant here...

i bought my S4 in February 2008 from Daytona Motorcycles in North London. The bike was as good as new with lots of trick bits. Only 6 miles on the clock and a two year Daytona (not Ducati) warranty.

I should have been wary from the off. When i went to collect the bike i was told the bike wasn't ready as they'd looked at the clutch the night before and weren't happy with it. (i'd paid the deposit six weeks before so why are they only just looking at it?!) Well, after throwing my teddies they managed to sort it. They then reveal they hadn't MOT'd or Taxed it...?? ok fine, gimme the keys and I’ll sort it. I’m still smiling coz the bikes a beauty and nothing can stop me now!

Then begin the problems, first the fuel pump. no problem: Brett at Daytona's Kings cross service centre fixed that under warranty - great. Then clutch spring, again take it to Brett. After waiting 7 weeks for him to order the part (I know 7 weeks), I eventually find the part myself, take it to Brett and he fixes bike in 30min. (grrr - rage building).

I should have gone somewhere else right away. But Daytona were still offering me a warranty, so I dutifully took the bike to Brett for two services since Feb 2008. Yet the problems kept coming... brake cylinder, gear spring and clutch AGAIN! And not much of it covered by Daytona's warranty.

I had the bike back from Daytona about 6 weeks ago, paid £500 plus for new clutch plates and basket. Within a few hundred miles I noticed another problem. (Suggestions on here were spark plugs would fix it). so went to see Brett, he gave me the plugs - great. NO! i fitted them and the problem was solved for 100miles then same as before. Well I’ve lost the plot by this point!!!

So, someone recommends Ray at Rosso Corse. i take the bike to him and explain my woes. (i also explain I’m going to Cadwell with you lot at the end of the month and need the bike back pronto). No problem he says... and he was right. I picked the bike up from him yesterday, after what can only be described as the first bit of love that bike has ever received. Ray's a legend. he sorted the clutch out for me, changed the belts, correct plugs, new fuel filter, brake pads and fluids, he even cleaned the thing for me! It wasn't cheap - but then I’m not expecting cheap. I’ve done a 150miles since then and the grin is permanently lodged on my face! The bike has never performed like this.

Daytona screwed me with every service I’ve ever had. (Small claim pending..)

Rosso Corse is THE place to go. You have to climb over Monster's just to get in the door, that should tell you alot.

Anyway…. Looking forward to Cadwell now!
Old 23-07-2009, 08:13 AM   #2
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
thats awful service. heard it before about there. glad your now sorted
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 08:57 AM   #3
Hypermonkey

Ray is a Legend.....FACT!!
Old 23-07-2009, 08:59 AM   #4
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Funny enough I posted up only this week that I'd been treated well by Daytona Kings Cross, but that's life I suppose. Sorry to hear you had trouble.
But yes you're right Ray & Marcus are great.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 09:00 AM   #5
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
and Yes, CADWELL PARK only 11 days away now !

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 09:01 AM   #6
skank

Bike: M900
Rosso Corse is the only way
skank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 09:09 AM   #7
Paivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
thats awful service. heard it before about there. glad your now sorted
This is actually the first time I hear any criticism towards Brett, as he's normally very reliable and knows his stuff. When I needed anything ordered, he did that the same day and I can't fault his work.
Old 23-07-2009, 09:37 AM   #8
ducmon83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paivi View Post
This is actually the first time I hear any criticism towards Brett, as he's normally very reliable and knows his stuff. When I needed anything ordered, he did that the same day and I can't fault his work.
i can only report what i've witnessed. he gave me the wrong spark plugs and...

his favourite phrase is: "don't buy a ducati; they're ****"

(also - i've never seen him actually working on the bikes, just a full workshop of broken ones)
Old 23-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #9
animaluk

yup my s4 was the same when i brought it, got some love and the leaking back cylinder fixed and its been awsome ever since (sorted at rosso corse as well) I saw yours down there nice looking bike
Old 23-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #10
pegboy

Yep Ray's great he puts up with all my questions and sorts out the bike no problems, when he fixes the problem it fixed.
Old 24-07-2009, 07:18 AM   #11
ducmon83

Quote:
Originally Posted by animaluk View Post
yup my s4 was the same when i brought it, got some love and the leaking back cylinder fixed and its been awsome ever since (sorted at rosso corse as well) I saw yours down there nice looking bike
thanks! it's always looked good. but now it rides like a page 3 model as well!! (which we all hope is pretty good...?)
Old 24-07-2009, 10:29 AM   #12
animaluk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegboy View Post
Yep Ray's great he puts up with all my questions and sorts out the bike no problems, when he fixes the problem it fixed.
And thats a lot of questions