UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Tech Head Telly Question

Old 10-02-2008, 10:31 PM   #1
dlloyduk

Tech Head Telly Question

Right I,m a reluctant tell watcher, I really hate the damn thing 99.9% of the time as its normally total S*£$e anyway.
Dancing on Rice and Twat factor- I,m forced to listen due to being out numbered 3-1 or 4-1 if you care to include the small four legged creature. God they even had me bloody Ice skating last weekend-would have been ok had there been a hill of some sort but 1mph does not entertain me!

Well to the point its WSB and MotoGP season coming up real soon and that is compulsive viewing. I will be quite happy to sit infront of the damn box through every second of Eurosport flicking to ITV/BBC coverage during the breaks. This includes 125 250 SS races.
During all this the monnie stays alone in the garage while everyone else is out for a run... so what is the best way to tape..old hat..HDD... or DVD the coverage so I can watch it later. Can I copy direct to my laptop and then onto DVD or should I just bite the bullet and buy one of these Virgin media(my cable telly,Net,Phone,mobile supplier) box of trick...record other side while watching animals being run over on the other side things?
Old 11-02-2008, 06:02 AM   #2
gremlin

hdd receiver boxes tend to be easier to use as they list what is actually on, so you just hit a button to record. with stand alone hdd / dvd boxes you have to program the timers etc.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:33 AM   #3
retskcid

Sky+ is supposed to be the easiest to use from what I have read/heard.

Why not get yourself a little portable on the wall in the garage then you can have both - mine's great!!
Old 11-02-2008, 03:27 PM   #4
DavidEJM

Sky+ is cool and easy to use. The Virgin media version is much the same, I'm led to believe.

We just dont use our VCR DVD recorder at all now.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:31 PM   #5
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Sky+ is the way to go
Old 11-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #6
Darkness

Bike: M900
Sky Plus

Sky+ is so easy to use that I haven't recorded a single program to VCR since I got it, but the downside is that you can only access programmes whilst you keep up your Sky+ subscription, and the hard drive does fill up quite easily.

So, on balance, I would recommend Sky+ for short term storage and time shifting to watch later, but it isn't really suitable to keep programmes for ever: so depends how long you want to keep them ?
Old 11-02-2008, 04:29 PM   #7
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
I agree with the Sky + box, but don't forget,

If anything is on the BBC they have the BBC iPlayer, where you can dowload anything for 30 days onto your PC and you've got a week to watch it.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:51 PM   #8
Scotty

HDD receiver gets my vote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:24 PM   #9
bod

Bought a DVD recorder about 4 years ago paid 100's used no more than 5 times.....bargain!
Old 11-02-2008, 10:10 PM   #10
Stafford
P3, nice.

Bike: S2r 1000
Panasonic DMR-EX87 HDD and burn DVD's to keep, I'm just waiting for the twin tuner version.

The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:55 AM   #11
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
No Sky/cable etc etc - just bog std 5 channels (which we dont often watch anyway) here, just use old VHS video for recording bike racing when we are away............. unless we look up mates who do have Sky...

C
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #12
Bodybag

Not had a telly for 18 months now and don't miss it at all. BBC have all the MotoGP races live on t'interweb. They even show the 125 and 250 races online. I don't know if they're doing any other races this year. I was talking to Robbie Brown (Colchester Kawasaki Superstock rider for 2008) and he said that the BSB rounds are being shown on ITV3 or ITV4. I can't remember which one he said but the coverage is going to include all the various races throughout the day including Superstock etc. I don't know if ITV does live streaming of events or not though.