UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Silly Grin

Old 23-02-2007, 05:01 PM   #1
gremlin

Silly Grin

Cam belts have been done, after much gnashing of teeth, all the bolts were rounded off inside so we had to buy stud extractor thingies to get them out, but this afternoon I took Gremlin up our drive for the first time, couldn't turn round without help but now have silly grin and can't wait to go out and play. She's easier to ride than the 125 still needs a bit more lowering but there's a bit on the yokes to go through. Other half commented on the difficult turning when he tried her so I don't feel quite so bad. Trouble is the forks may be weeping a bit, so I guess that's the next thing. Himself is muttering about "bloody italian bikes" but considering she's been off the road since 02 and outside for 2 years she's not been too bad, and I think he's actually enjoyed tinkering with her if the truth be told.
Old 23-02-2007, 05:17 PM   #2
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Not surprising the forks are weeping if it was stood for a couple of year, the seals will have hardened but no biggy to change. As for him indoors muttering about italian reliability, it gets better the more you use it so take every opportunity and get to the Monster Weekend and the Trackday!!

But you made a good choice, the monster will always put a smile on yer face!
Old 23-02-2007, 05:20 PM   #3
Scotty

id give the bike a bit of use , the fork seals may sort them selves out
Old 23-02-2007, 05:38 PM   #4
Lowsider

Good on ya Gremlin.....

I got my M600 last Feb and so far have spent too much (according to the wife anyway.

It had been on the road but not garaged for 4 years and used every day.

So much so it needed alot doing.

check her out www.howroyd.co.uk

still got to take the swing arm off and get it powdercoated and the hoop, but engine cases came up a treat and replace the front end from a 900ieS and the Ohlins rear from the same bike. Paint job on the tank and tail.

They say Ducati's cost alot to maintain.... the truth is they don't But you can't help but pamper them.
Old 23-02-2007, 11:10 PM   #5
gremlin

Wink

Have got spare casings etc but I'm not doing any cosmetics until I've ridden for a year cos I'd cry if I chucked her down the road. She will be black and gold I think (old lotus JPS colours we live 1/4 of a mile away from the factory and I love Lotus elises) and she has gold frame anyway. I just want to get used to her and then next winter do the tarting up. I've been buzzin all night. Went to an Anne Summers party tonight and nothin compared to my baby!!! Sad or what.
Old 24-02-2007, 10:44 AM   #6
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
I've been buzzin all night. Went to an Anne Summers party :
Oh how childish am I?

Glad to hear things are going well Gremlin.

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 03:21 PM   #7
gremlin

Talking

Sorry Nonnie I was a little tipsy when I wrote my post last night!!! I didn't mean what it came out like. Anyway who needs battery operated gadgetry when you've got a monster!!!! I must admit some of the stuff was quite scary more like something the Spanish Inquisition would use (and no one expects the spanish inquisition). Why oh why do they think women like pink clothes, I hate pink and the only stuff I saw that I might wear was pink, yuk yuk, yuk. Still it was a good girls night out, next time we have a sesh I'll pm the norfolk monster girls so we can meet up, praps that would be fun to do anyway.
Old 24-02-2007, 07:11 PM   #8
Nonnie
Dipstick!

You do that. There's me and Kerry. That's all! Now and you of course.

Old 24-02-2007, 10:52 PM   #9
gremlin

There's a good gig at the King Edward on Aylsham rd Norwich if the monster girls are available. It's 3-5 my mate Vicky is playing she's awesome.
Old 25-02-2007, 08:47 AM   #10
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Sounds good but I'll be down in Orford with some of the others here. Maybe next time.