UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Veloce - it's gone.

Old 21-01-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Veloce - it's gone.

I'm just going to copy what Rod wrote on the DSC.

Got a huge shock today. Had a voicemail on my phone to call my dealer (which I could not pick up until today as there is no signal where I live) which I received when I got to work so decided to call him back when I finished. Tried several times and no answer, so thought I would drop in on my way home. Imagine my surprise when I got there to see the place cleaned out and nothing but a few leaflets on the floor, one bike (a 999) in the workshop and an empty forecourt and showroom. More of concern to me was the deposit they had from me (which was the proceeds from the sale of my Monster S4RS) which was to go towards my new 1098S. I managed to get hold of the owner on his home number and I have to meet the salesman at the dealer's premises on Monday, who himself reassures me he will give me back the money they sold my Monster for in cash. I hope so, else that is the end of any motorcycling for me this year at least and that will be a first in 11 years. I do feel sorry for the staff there as I know some of the background behind the closure, after my lengthy conversation with the owner, but it still came as a big shock and I for one am sad to see it's end.

Not sure I have not lost my place in the order queue for the 1098S, but with the added financial pressure of my wedding coming up, I might just have to sit on the money if I get it back anyway and notch this year up as a two wheeled non starter. Whilst my wedding is more important to me, I can't hide the fact I will be sad not to be on a bike this summer and will find it difficult once the warmer weather arrives not to feel jealous of others. Not sure how I will feel when I spot my first 1098. Green with envy is a gross understatement. One thing is for sure, I will be working all the hours God gives me in overtime this year to make up the loss if I lose the money, to fulfil my dream of owning this bike. I have never been in this position before, but it if half kills me to get what I want then so be it.

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2007, 11:40 AM   #2
benson

Oh my goodness - and with Rod's cash too - at least he can have his monster money I hope!!!

Meanwhile the loss of Veloce and the website - a conspiracy perhaps???

Hope you're OK in the wind - Frank was blown over at work - personally I think he's an attention seeker and just didn't like his rear sets... hey ho.....
Old 21-01-2007, 11:42 AM   #3
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Yes, we hope the monster money will come tomorrow. I am not saying anything else as too preoccupied with that.

You always knew Frank was an attention seeking sort of bike. New rear sets then? Any more damage?

Old 21-01-2007, 11:47 AM   #4
benson

Foot rest and toe peg and some sort of hex bolt thingy and a rear adjeuster pin that makes the rear brake ork - not too expensive but waiting time for the bits will be horrid no doubt - Slob was a great help in identifying thebits i needed and offering to lend me soe bits but without the rear adjester thingummy there's no movement on the horizon for Frank for a while!!!

Will keep apprpriate anatomy crossed for tomorrow - really hope it sorts itself out - that's a real blow...
Old 21-01-2007, 02:01 PM   #5
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Saw Rod's post on the DSC site

What a nightmare - hope he gets the cash owed to him ASAP
Old 21-01-2007, 08:21 PM   #6
scrumpster

Jeez they were so good to me in the summer!! Rod I hope you get your dosh if not I know people!!
Old 22-01-2007, 06:52 AM   #7
squiffything

sorry to hear Rods bad news I hope it all goes well today and the money is forthcoming. You have been a good customer of theirs and if there is any money left in the pot it should be guys like you who are looked after. As for the order list you should get onto Ducati direct and explain your predicament. It may do some good, any company should respect their customers concerns and lets face it if you were in the queue then there's a bike out there with your name on it.

Oh and don't be without a bike over the summer you can have a borrow of mine if you like (well as long as you treat it and spoil it with all the goodies you lavished on yours )
Old 22-01-2007, 10:51 AM   #8
NattyBoy
Monsterless again for now

Bike: M900
Must have been a shock...the websites still up - did they just run out of money then ?? Shame..

Nat
NattyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2007, 04:44 PM   #9
emily's driver
Full Metal Tea Bag

Bike: S4Rs
I am not really at liberty to discuss the reasons behind the closure of the dealer and it would be somewhat indiscreet of me to splash it over a public forum, but let's just say that what I was told was along the lines of, not enough funds coming in to keep the business viable any longer.

STOP PRESS: I have just got back from the dealer having arranged to meet there after I finished work this afternoon where I was met by Chris and Gary. As promised they had set aside my funds held in their bank account (effectively the proceeds from my S4RS) so as to prevent there being any chance of there being any problems should the closure result in freezing their accounts. They have done the same for other customers too apparently. I have now recovered the funds (less a commission fee for selling my bike, which I was unaware of, and allegedly was supposed to have signed an sales agreement for) in full. I am hugely relieved as without this sum, there is no way on earth I could afford to buy the 1098. Though I have been allocated a place on the order list (such is the demand for the new bike) I will probably forfeit this as I might need to eat into these funds (not too much I hope) to help finance our wedding (Nonnie & I) and squirrel the rest away, so as I can take delivery of the 1098 later this year perhaps even after the big day, when the financial pressure will have passed by. That's the game plan for now anyway.

On another note I had a long chat with Chris and naturally asked him what his plans were now. I can't really say exactly what they are as he told me in confidence but hopefully Ducati owners might well be catered for once again in Norfolk. I hope his ideas reach fruition as he has always been a kind and courteous chap and knows his Dukes better than most. I wish him well whatever he chooses to do. Best wishes to Gary too for his future, wherever that may be. Lastly my regards to Robin Sword the owner. I admire his "give it a go" mentality in a difficult market and especially in an area where volume sales are not the norm for a brand such as Ducati. It's a shame it's no more but I am sure we will see a phoenix rise from the ashes soon, just as was the case when Chris Clarke suddenly disappeared after so many years in Norfolk as a well known and respected dealer.
Old 22-01-2007, 06:42 PM   #10
gremlin

I popped in at lunch time cos the guys were there. Hopefully there will be something in the pipeline. Now the nearest suppliers are Ipswich, Colchester, or somewhere in the fens apparantly. I'll just have to butter up James at BDK or go to evilbay.
Old 22-01-2007, 06:49 PM   #11
Nonnie
Dipstick!

What is there in Ipswich Gremlin? I thought the nearest Ducati place to us is now Ron Parkinsons in Colchester, or failing that, ItalMoto in Lincolnshire or another dealer in St Neotts who I don't know.

I am guessing Carl Harrison is going to get a lot of work now! And my bike needs an MOT.

Well, to the guys at Veloce, I will miss popping in and saying hi, using your lavvy and helping myself to coffee. Thanks enormously for sorting out Rods money. I don't know what we would have done otherwise. I wish you all lots of luck and Chris, if you do ever want to set up somewhere to do an MOT then just let me know!

Old 22-01-2007, 07:29 PM   #12
gremlin

if any use, we use cunninghams at Hempnal for our MOT's . they are VERY nice to deal with.
For tuning (and servicing) Bdk in wrenningham. what james doesnt know about ducatis isnt worth knowing.....and he has a dyno for setups,

Last edited by gremlin; 22-01-2007 at 07:31 PM..
Old 22-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #13
Nonnie
Dipstick!

I was thinking more warranty work. There isn't anywhere now in Norfolk where you can get warranty work done. Luckily my bike is now out of warranty, just needs it's first MOT but when Rod's bike arrives, we may as well just ride it to the next nearest dealer and back, that way we can get it's first service done!

Old 22-01-2007, 07:57 PM   #14
Will

St.Neots Motorcyles.

http://www.stneotsmotorcycles.com/

They did all the servicing on my 620i.e - like all Ducati servicing it's not cheap but they always did a sound job on my bike.

Last edited by Will; 22-01-2007 at 08:03 PM..
Old 22-01-2007, 07:58 PM   #15
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Cheers Will. I guess it's not cheap but that's how it is eh?