UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Punctures

Old 19-05-2006, 01:55 PM   #1
Dave G
Imagineer

Bike: S2r
Punctures

Bu66er!!!
Had a quick look in my garage today,nothing to do with bikes,and just as well I did.
I'd planned to go down to our HQ which is in Nottingham on monday on the bike and was looking forward to a long obscure route to take.
And then I noticed my tyre was flat .
I dont trust my local dealer as the last time they broke my ss's speedo cable fitting a tyre,so its negotiate with the missus time to get up to Glasgow to get it plugged tomorrow(workshop shut sunday and monday) to enable me to naff off for a few days on my bike leaving her with the kids.
She's out now but I cant see this going well
Old 19-05-2006, 02:18 PM   #2
Didge

You should always use 'ULTRA SEAL'. Put it in your tyre, and it will permanantly fix punctures up to 6mm.
Brilliant stuff. Has saved me hassle a few times. You've got to regulaly check your tyres tho', and remove any nails etc, then the Ultra Seal' does it's stuff.
Available in any good bike shop.
Old 19-05-2006, 06:59 PM   #3
Gilps

I presume that's similar stuff to Slime. 2 days before the weekender I found my bike with a flat tyre. I could see there was something in it and I reinflated it. It leaked slowly. I went and got some slime which I was rather dubious about and put it in. Pumped the tyre up and emoved the object. It was a 1cm long piece from the end of a drill bit. Slime came out and filled the puncture. I was still dubious about the long term reliability but on the way up to Arrow Mill on the Sunday I reached some quite high speeds (well they were quick for me anyway) and it held fine. Its still good and Im well impressed. Not sure about putting it in the front though because of the balancing.