UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Whats it worth????

Old 30-03-2018, 08:50 PM   #1
bobbertandsammy

Bike: M900
Whats it worth????

Whats the thoughts on price then? I'm thinking of selling my 900 to fund something newer and have literally no idea what its worth as I traded for it originally. Any thoughts on whats a fair price?

12550 miles, fresh mot today. Big valve service done a Ducati Glasgow last year (800 miles ago or so) with belts, new rear shock, new tyres etc..

bobbertandsammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2018, 07:37 AM   #2
Darkness

There wasn't a lot of change to the Spec between '93 and '95, (Mostly paint colours on frame, wheels hoop etc.), so yours is a good example of the M900.

Where yours stands out is the quantity of RoadRacing accessories, including the much coveted alloy fuel tank. This was discussed at some length when you acquired it: http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=55305

As to value, I could see a couple of grand for the basic bike, plus another couple for the RoadRacing bits, though you may find someone who really wants it "As is" who will pay a premium on that?

There's a nice looking '93 on eBay at the moment asking £4,750, so keep an eye on what that achieves in the 25th anniversary year?

Last edited by Darkness; 31-03-2018 at 06:43 PM..
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2018, 07:57 AM   #3
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
It’s a lovely looking bike and I would say it must be worth close to £4K as it stands
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2018, 08:21 AM   #4
bobbertandsammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
There wasn't a lot of change to the Spec between '93 and '95, (Mostly paint colours on frame, wheels hoop etc.), so yours is a good example of the M900.

Where your's stands out is the quantity of RoadRacing accessories, including the much coveted alloy fuel tank. This was discussed at some length when you acquired it: http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=55305

As to value, I could see a couple of grand for the basic bike, plus another couple for the RoadRacing bits, though you may find someone who really wants it "As is" who will pay a premium on that?

There's a nice looking '93 on eBay at the moment asking £4,750, so keep an eye on what that achieves in the 25th anniversary year?
I have thought abut selling the road racing parts seperately but the problem is finding another tank to replace the alloy one. Cheers for the input guys
Old 31-03-2018, 08:37 AM   #5
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Sounds nice in that photo. Good idea to take a pic with it running..
Old 31-03-2018, 10:05 AM   #6
bobbertandsammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Sounds nice in that photo. Good idea to take a pic with it running..
Just for your listening pleasure mate https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=XBoUeVSgbdE
Old 31-03-2018, 11:00 AM   #7
slob

The Road Racing kit is getting quite rare.
Tank, seat cowl, bellypan, air-scoops, hugger, nose-fairing.
Looks like you have the full set, minus front mudguard, side panels and front disc shrouds.
(unhelpfully) as with any odd/rare vehicles, it’s worth whatever you can get somone to pay for it. As you say, it might be worth trying to get hold of stock parts and selling the RR stuff seperately.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2018, 08:16 PM   #8
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

I am going to be killed if I get another bike....

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2018, 09:15 PM   #9
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Personally I think its worth 4K plus if the engine is strong but whether the other bike at £4750 is WORTH IT is down to the buyer only. Its not the complete package as slob says but we know there are bikes out there and they command respect and usually in awe.
IMHO it would be a shame to see the bike sold off in parts rather than the whole package as it to me dilutes the rare parts. I am sure someone would buy this and that but the key is the tank . Even I have had Road Racing parts on my s4 but not so classy as these classics.. You could part ex a good tank plus cash or lots of parts even then sell a decent second hand bike and the buyer could keep his steed he loves.. Tanks at least £500 in my thoughts the rest follow on lesser.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:46 AM   #10
bobbertandsammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Personally I think its worth 4K plus if the engine is strong but whether the other bike at £4750 is WORTH IT is down to the buyer only. Its not the complete package as slob says but we know there are bikes out there and they command respect and usually in awe.
IMHO it would be a shame to see the bike sold off in parts rather than the whole package as it to me dilutes the rare parts. I am sure someone would buy this and that but the key is the tank . Even I have had Road Racing parts on my s4 but not so classy as these classics.. You could part ex a good tank plus cash or lots of parts even then sell a decent second hand bike and the buyer could keep his steed he loves.. Tanks at least £500 in my thoughts the rest follow on lesser.
I'm with you I think. If its going I think its going all together as the package is more special than the parts in my eyes plus its less hassle.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:48 AM   #11
bobbertandsammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint aka ML View Post
I am going to be killed if I get another bike....
Want first dibs on it?
Old 01-04-2018, 08:11 AM   #12
davkyt

£4k easy... I think these might appreciate to maybe £6k plus in the coming years as the remaining originals become rarer.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:12 PM   #13
bobbertandsammy

Following a visit from a roofer mate the monster will be getting sold shortly unfortunately. If anyone knows someone after one drop me a line.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:08 PM   #14
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

No dibs I barely survived December bike purchase

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:46 PM   #15
bobbertandsammy

Quote: