UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » born again biker

Old 06-07-2008, 10:29 PM   #1
pegboy

Smile born again biker

Hi All
My name is Paolo, I have been reading this forum for some time now and it really sounds great. I have just brought a Ducati M600 1998 Dark, my first road bike. I have never riden road bikes apart from scooters (oh can i say that word) although i spent most of my childhood on motorcross bikes. I really excited to get it on the road and ride my duke, and would love to get out and ride with other ducati's.

I have now stripped the bike and currently rebuilding it so i can be sure that everything is ok, bit funny like that, as you never know what the previous owner did, especially with a older bike.
I do have a technical question if anyone can help, I have a replacement motor for it, as the conrod bearing was about to let go, the original motor has the pushrod clutch system (98 on) but the other motor has the integral clutch (91 to 97) on the other side(RH). Can the Hydrulic hose simily be taken off one side re routed to the other and connected up? (it appears to be long enough) Will it work?

Many thanks and hope to ride again soon, or have i missed the summer already.

Paolo
Old 06-07-2008, 11:04 PM   #2
seby

ciao Paolo
there will be some bike meeting in london very soon
Old 06-07-2008, 11:10 PM   #3
pegboy

Smile

Grazie

Hope the bike will be ready.

Can't wait, feel like going out in the shed and start putting it back together right now.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:08 AM   #4
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
As long as the hose reaches it should be okay, as far as I know there's no difference between older and newer master cylinders.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #5
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
HI Paolo, welcome!
Old 07-07-2008, 05:58 PM   #6
Paivi

Ciao Paolo e benvenuto sul sito e nel mondo meraviglioso di Ducati...

If your bike is back together next Saturday, 12 July, why don't you ride down to Box Hill (on the A24) to meet up with loads of other Ducatisti. The meet is from 10.30am on, chatting, admiring other people's bikes, eating a burger or an ice cream, followed by a ride or going home, up to you.

Oh, and you can definitely say 'scooter'; some of the finest Ducatisti commute by scooter. Mine is a Vespa GT125.

Last edited by Paivi; 07-07-2008 at 06:01 PM..
Old 07-07-2008, 06:19 PM   #7
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegboy View Post
Can the Hydrulic hose simily be taken off one side re routed to the other and connected up? (it appears to be long enough) Will it work?

Many thanks and hope to ride again soon, or have i missed the summer already.

Paolo
yes it will work fine.
we've done exactly the same last year for the start of the race season to a 600.
drop a PM if you have any problems - and in the mean time - welcome to UKMOC

CK
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #8
pegboy

Hi Piavi, the bike is striped right down, just the frame and front end left, unfortunately i don't think i will have it ready by the 12th, a new family member was added 7 weeks ago and is taking alot of my valuable shed time, but when it is ready i let you know and we'll ride then for sure.

Also, thanks CK
Old 07-07-2008, 09:54 PM   #9
Paivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegboy View Post
...when it is ready i let you know and we'll ride then for sure.
The meet is the second Saturday of every month, so hopefully you can make it in August.