UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » hello

Old 13-10-2008, 04:35 PM   #1
kirst

hello

hi everybody!
Im joining today which is a bit silly really as im going away tomorrow for perhaps 2 months! But i couldnt wait untill i got back! Got a monster a few months ago after passng my test. Really enjoying riding it ,just need to improve confidence! Im ok when riding with my boyfriend but alone is scary!
Old 13-10-2008, 05:09 PM   #2
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Hey Kirst!

Just up the road from you. Don't be worried about being scared. It's all about the practise. I mainly bimble from cafe to cafe taking in the scenery and once stopped, drinking coffee and eating.

Give me a shout when you get back and we'll go find a nice cafe.

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2008, 05:35 PM   #3
Snips

Hello Kirst,

Welcome to the club!

Congrats on the bike. Just remember to ride west of where you are, and you'll be fine.

Enjoy your trip - anywhere interesting?

(I suppressed another opportunity for a Lowestoft joke, on account of you being new and all )
Old 13-10-2008, 06:17 PM   #4
gremlin

Hi Kirst, also not huge distance away so girly day drinking coffee and eating cake is a must! Don't worry about being apprehensive about riding alone, I'm only just doing it and I passed my test last year! It's like having a comfort blanket when you've got other half looming in mirrors or if they're in front, and of course someone there if the worst happens, which hopefully it won't. Let us know when you get back and I'm sure Nonnie will come up with a plan, Benson rides up here too so we can have a run out somewhere.