UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Insurance company service ?

Old 05-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
scrapps

Insurance company service ?

My insurance is up for renewal so as my quote is creeping up i phoned around for more prices/options.
Bennetts would not cover me due to the mods on my bike ? (only some carbon cans and carbon bits + crash bungs) MCE and Ducati insurance plus Carole nash are all within £10.00 of each other. So as i have not yet made any claims on bike insurance and most prices are the same it would come down to future service and other peoples past dealings with the companies to make my choice.
Given that can anybody advise who out of the 3 above would give the best service in event of a claim ? (anyone had very good service from one of them)
Old 05-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
You don't wan't to hear my comments on CN - Not enough swearing smileys available

I'm sure Stuart has a similar opinion on them too

I've personally used Bikesure and/or H&R for around 10 years now
Old 05-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Never made a claim and never had insurance from anyone but BikeTeam and MCE and Footman James.

I will say that MCE were so desperate for my business last year I got them into a bidding war with Footman James and MCE's quote fell from £1,300 to £600 over the cource of a week. So phone them tell them that CN are cheaper & and watch their price fall....

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #4
scrapps

The prices are much the same and seem fair for the cover,its just knowing they will be ok if i do ever make a claim.
As the Monster has loads of carbon and mods i don't want its used as a reason not to pay up.
(all mods have been advised)
Old 05-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
Martin Duke

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapps View Post
My insurance is up for renewal so as my quote is creeping up i phoned around for more prices/options.
Bennetts would not cover me due to the mods on my bike ? (only some carbon cans and carbon bits + crash bungs) MCE and Ducati insurance plus Carole nash are all within £10.00 of each other. So as i have not yet made any claims on bike insurance and most prices are the same it would come down to future service and other peoples past dealings with the companies to make my choice.
Given that can anybody advise who out of the 3 above would give the best service in event of a claim ? (anyone had very good service from one of them)
I was with MCE but was far from impressed by them. Errors on policy, no response to emails then added a second bike which really put a spanner in the works! Was given the wrong renewal date, incorrect NCD so I vowed to change - to Ducati Insurance. Whilst with MCE I did have to claim, but decided to deal directly with the underwriter, (Equity Red Star) who settled quickly and fairly. So I wouldn't use MCE, based on my experience of them.
Martin Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #6
slob

I use Ducati Insurance (Ramasis) who (in my case) are underwritten by Equity Red Star
I've found them very helpful dealing with claims in the past, I've also faxed them full lists of modifications to my bikes (including paint oh shiny one!) and whilst the cost of the mods aren't necessarily covered they don't invalidate my policy. In practice stock parts are often more expensive than aftermarket bling anyway. They have no problem if your other bike is not a Ducati either.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #7
buzzbomb
Gold Member

Bike: M1100s
I've just renewed with Ducati Insurance but did ring a couple of other companys to see what was on offer.
Well the fact that all my bikes are alittle modded made the phone calls a complete waste of time, firstly the numpties on the other end of the phone where less than useless and hadn't got a clue what I was talking about so needless to say it was back to Ducati Insurance and complete satisfaction.
To me the most important thing is to have total confidence in the broker and in Nick Wild at D.I. you have a guy that actually owns and rides ducati motorcycles and also understands us ducati owners...
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #8
Mohawk

My friend has just had a claim with MCE and based on her experience I'll never insure with them.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #9
pooh
Lincolnshire Area Rep

Bike: M900ie
The wife has been with MCE for years and the last claim she had the service was superb I was riding accident Wednesday morning phoned them that evening loan bike and replacement helmet dropped off first thing Friday morning damaged bike taken away for inspection. Within a week they wrote it off and offered 3 grand for it and sold it back to us for 600 quid. Injury claim settled in six months. Well happy with the service. I have now changed to them for my bike taking the mods the price was at least 500 quid lower than others.

We rate them.

Ian
Old 06-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #10
tricolore

I've just switched from MCE to DI

MCE just really annoyed me constantly being left on hold, not being able to find a listing for a Monster M900, wouldn't email me my renewal policy, being transferred from one dept to another etc etc I must of spent 2 hours on the phone last week.

Rang DI and a 'human' picked up the phone, no options list, terms and conditions, transfer to the right dept etc etc !! just straight through to a very helpful lady !!! bliss .....
tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #11
revver

I had trouble with mce too getting my policy emailed to me so i could tax the bike tok a week. If you call them on the sales line they pick up but on any other line i was put on hold for ages.
P.S. am looking to insure my triumph (naughty bike) most quotes have come in with compulsary excess at £400 the bike is only worth about £1500 max.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #12
scrapps

Thank for the info, Like "pooh" i found MCE easy to deal with they did the quote fast with no fuss and called me back late afternoon after i had had a good look around to see if i was interested (on time)
Bennetts would not insure me and Ducati was very un-interested in sorting my renewal,its a shame Ducati did not try this year as i have been with them for many years and been happy.