UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Two months gone

Old 28-02-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
Qba

Two months gone

Had a small accident in the mid of december. Nothing serious really - dent on a tank, broken gear lever, broken tail, scratched engine cover, seat cover and few other bits and pieces. Took my bike to the garage. Guy told me it will be ready in 2-3 weeks.
Two months gone now and I'm slowly starting to worry. Spring is coming but I might admire it while using public transport or push bike. Three weeks ago he was waiting for the engine cover to come from Italy. Two days ago... no changes. I'm loosing my patience.
Now I regret I didn't take the bike to the garage recommended by an insurer and refused to accept courtesy bike after I badly hurt my ankle. My ankle is almost recovered but my garage is still empty... grrrr
Thought maybe someone had similar experience.
Old 28-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Did you take it to a Ducati authorised workshop?
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #3
Qba

Yes, but prefer to not mention the name. It has good reputation on this forum and that's why I decided to give it a go. Maybe it's me being impatience. I was just wondering if it's normal to wait for so long.

Last edited by Qba; 28-02-2010 at 08:49 PM..
Old 28-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
Stafford
P3, nice.

Bike: S2r 1000
Ducati recently had a new computer system installed (so I'm told) and this has resulted in some serious delays to parts getting delivered I'm afraid.

The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 09:27 PM   #5
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
They did Stafford, but there hasnt been any probs in the orders for about 3+ weeks now.

Mind you - you say engine cover Qba - do you mean a complete lower engine casing, or maybe a clutch cover casing? If the former, then they are not 'on the shelf' parts (usually).

Good luck in getting it sorted - keep on the chase with it.
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 10:28 PM   #6
Qba

I was thinking about it as well, but it's nothing unusual, it's just clutch cover casing. It's frustrating but I guess there is not much I can do about it other then wait. If I'll chase him more he might become sick over the phone after hearing my voice again. Not sure if that would help Thanks anyway