UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi Everyone ;)

Old 09-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
Pezz

Bike: M1100s
Hi Everyone ;)

Hi from the land of Scouse,

A quick bit of background about me. I love Italian - Italian everything! Food, cars, scooters, clothes and now bikes ...

I've driven Alfa's for nearly 20 years until recently when family life and lack of new model high end Alfa's forced me down the BMW X5 route. I have also owned a 1963 Lambretta TV175 for over 20 years. Here's the fun bit - when I got the Lambretta whilst in my 20 I was care free and jumped aboard and roared off into the sunset despite having no motorbike entitlement on my driving license. This carried on for 12 years or so until the scooter got parked up in the mother in laws garage and slowly over 5 years became buried among old furniture clothes and other junk. I managed to get it out again late 2009. It needed work so the following year the engine got rebuilt and new fuel tank etc but then it hit me I should be bozzing around without a license - NO. So September last year I took my bike theory - Passed. Then June this year did by CBT and a week last Thursday on the 29th August I took and passed my Mod 1 and Mod 2 big bike tests! The plan was really do the tests so I can ride my scooter but that first day I got on a 600cc Yamaha I was smitten. I started looking round at various bike and the minute I saw a Monster that was it I fell in love. They are such beautiful beasts and sound awesome.

Yesterday I went over to North Manchester [Bury way] and picked up my new pride and joy a red [well it had to be for the first one] 2011 Monster 696. Rode it back to Liverpool down the A roads got lost in Wigan and soaked in a massive downpour on the A580 but had an incredible time. Rode it to work this morning and can't wait to go home tonight

I'll be on a lot over the coming weeks as there are some bits n bobs that I want to do to her and will need anyone who is willing to give me help and advice.

I'll get some piccys up too

Pezz
Pezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
pte1643

Hi Pezz.

Welcome aboard.

Unusual for an Alfa owner/enthusiast to turn down the "German Car" route.

Glad you're enjoying the Monster.

Mark. (Fellow Alfisti/Ducatisti)
Old 09-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
Pezz

Bike: M1100s
Hi Mark

I know what you mean - last Alfa I had was a 156 GTA 03 plate and two years ago there wasn't anything on or around an 08 09 that was the same type of high end saloon so I went down the more practical family route - we can now go camping and take the dog too. My wife doesn't moan when she turns round in the passenger seat to sort the kids out in the back - the Alfa had bucket type seats that she hated them. She also gets to drive this one as I don't care that much about it not like the Alfa

When they sort out some new models I will be back - love the look of the 4C
Pezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #4
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
A big welcome to the club. I hope the weather holds long enough for the rest of the year for you to enjoy the bike.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
tricky73

Hello and welcome