UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » London Dealer of the Week Award goes to...

Old 30-03-2008, 07:06 PM   #1
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
Thumbs up London Dealer of the Week Award goes to...

...make sure you're sitting down for this one

This weekend a Ducati dealer went way beyond the call of duty for me. Getting the track kit on the 748R ready for Brands, we 'noticed' a flood of petrol forming under the bike when it was running. Looking at the little rubber seals, one appeared to be damaged and was letting petrol past under pressure. Normally, not a problem - I'd just hop on another bike and pop down to my fave dealer, but this weekend we were taking the boys to see Stomp and were really short of time.

A bit desperate like, I phoned the only other guy I knew I could get to on Sunday. The Parts department had the bits but were closed Sunday, However, sales were open on Sunday and they were happy to leave the seals with the sales guys for me to pick up - payment sometime later (ok, they're £1.40, but even so...).

Popped in this morning to find the Ducati sales guy was out, but he'd left the parts on his desk and told the other sales people where they were.

A quick spin on the Monster (and a brief slapper) later, parts fitted and problem solved.

And the name of these paragons of helpfulness?

Metropolis.

Yes, really!
Old 31-03-2008, 08:42 AM   #2
Lucati

That must have been Damiano - he's a proper good bloke.
When I bought my 695 last April I ordered the bikini fairing and seat covers which took ages to come, I was getting impatient so he offered to take the fairing and seat cover off his own personal bike and fit them to mine until my parts arrived! He sold 46% of all monsters sold in the UK last year and in return is off to Barcelona this week for a bike riding experience. He's not even on commission!

However, I find the parts department rude and useless so well done on them actually finding the bits left for you - they can't usually find their arses from their elbows!
Old 31-03-2008, 09:08 AM   #3
NattyBoy
Monsterless again for now

Bike: M900
Ahh - the good old o ring on the fuel coupling connector eh ?

I remember being sat on the grid at Pembrey last year with a marshall sorinting towards me..I'd had the tank off to do something, put it back a bit quickly and pinched the o ring - lost about half a tank of bloody petrol !!! (mind you - lucky I didnt explode )

Nat
NattyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:03 AM   #4
Paivi

Jerry, you were two days early with your April Fools!

Too obvious, too, nobody's ever going to believe that story!
Old 05-04-2008, 10:50 PM   #5
Edcase

Have to say, I've had two very very positive experiences with them recently, including them staying late way after closing time as I couldn't decide which helmet to buy, and another time, also after closing, their mechanic helping me get my scooter started when the battery had discharged when I left the lights on.