UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Howsit gowen

Old 24-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
nero92

Howsit gowen

Howsit from Ireland I got back on a bike after a 12 year absense dew mainly to work comiments never being in one place for 6mths but in May of this year I bought myself 2003 monster 916 s4 I've never owened a european bike before let alone a ducati but from there intro in 93 I've always loved the look of the monster and vowed at some point to own 1 and that day came back in May of this year since then I've managed to put over 3500 mls on the bike and I told myself i wouldn't ride it when it was wet but in Ireland that ment hardly riding it at all so I bought some good wet weather gear and just got on with it and what fun I've had I'm fortunate enough to live in a very beautiful part of Ireland even on a wet day the very far south west the roads are to die for and there are no speed cameras for miles so even on wet day a big smile is generally to be found on my face. From time to time I'll be posting questions on the forum please bear with me as I'm new to the make.

P.S. If anybody finds themselves in this neck of the woods look me up.
Old 24-10-2011, 11:24 PM   #2
Mr Cake

Dia duit! Fáilte

C
Old 25-10-2011, 07:09 AM   #3
bex

Hello, welcome aboard. Nice part of Ireland, we used to drive down there when I was a wayne for holidays! Roads definitely better than up north!

Hope you keep enjoying the new bike
Old 25-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #4
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Welcome to the club, sounds like you're in a nice bit of Ireland.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #5
Mdwysc

Yup great place, I did the "Ring of Kerry" on june on me bike. Say sorry to her if you see her please!

Sounds like you already converted, hows the suspension on those roads?
Old 25-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
Gordon H

Always fancied the idea of taking a loud bike up the Gap Of Dunloe - that would sound better than yer average tunnel run.....
Old 25-10-2011, 09:51 PM   #7
nero92

I intially found the bike a bit soft the surface on the roads down here is quite bumpy but I played about with the damping an rebound and tightened the rear spring up and it transformed the bike. Over the winter I'll be concentrating on the cosmetic side of things I'm thinking of somthing along the lines of a cafe racer I've seen a few bikes built in that style and think they look really well and the monster is a great place to start.
Old 26-10-2011, 01:09 PM   #8
ricky
5ft 3 of perfection!!

Bike: M620
Hi ya mate......RICKY here, the northern ireland rep!!! Welcome to the club, im currently livin in kells Meath and do alot of rallys so we must meet up and share hero & sob stories (joy of ducati ownership!)

drunk:
Northern Irelands answer to common sense-NORTHERN IRELAND REP!!
ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2011, 03:51 PM   #9

Welcome aboard,

I thought I had the only Ducati (00 S4) in Kerry, (Listowel). Job finishes on Friday so I'm going to have some time on my hands, maybe we'll meet up, definitely in Kilarney for the Xmas toy run in a few weeks.

Steve.
Old 26-10-2011, 09:49 PM   #10
nero92

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0001198 View Post
Welcome aboard,

I thought I had the only Ducati (00 S4) in Kerry, (Listowel). Job finishes on Friday so I'm going to have some time on my hands, maybe we'll meet up, definitely in Kilarney for the Xmas toy run in a few weeks.

Steve.
Hi Steve I'm just outside Milltown about 14k west of Kilarney and I only got the 03 s4 in May mines red if I could figure how to post a pic I would but I'm a wee bit comp iliterate.

Stephen