UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » 750ss twin headlight mods

Old 27-10-2022, 06:24 PM   #1
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
750ss twin headlight mods

I can get a fairing front panel for my 750ss rebuild which would enable a double round 5'' headlights but is it a good idea also mountings for the headlights would have to be made as well as extra relay etc ,,, my original square lens is manky on the reflector not very mirror like inside
Old 28-10-2022, 08:06 AM   #2
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Anything has got to be better than the original square SS light. I remember being terrified on a night ride on my '92 750SS. Not only was the light abysmal, but the dip switch was awful to operate and perilously close to the off switch. I turned the lights off instead of dipping a couple of times, that was the first and last night ride on that one!

I've saved this link for years in case I ever got a Paso. Sadly, the pictures seem to have gone, but there might be some info of use? http://ducatipaso.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3261

There's got to be some good 5" lamps out there, but finding H4 units for twin filament bulbs might limit things?

Good luck and keep us posted
Old 28-10-2022, 02:55 PM   #3
RichardDDuke

Bike: Other Ducati
Am currently part way through a street fighter conversion of a 900ss. As a result I'll be doing a mass sale of stuff once the project is completed.... this includes a dual headlight conversion for the mid 90s Supersport models. Think the fairings are all identical across the 600ss/750ss/900ss, so should fit yours OK.

I don't really want to sell stuff yet as I may change my mind and put some stuff back to "original".

If all goes well, the sale will be early next year and should include the following ....
Original 900ss swingarm
Original front fairing complete with headlight, antlers, mirrors ... the whole shebang
Pair of Baines modified original "silencers" (will need repacking)
CF front mudguard (black)
Original carbs (set up to run with 944 engine and free flowing exhausts)
Original clip ons
Original 900ss oil cooler

Please note that all of the above parts are off a '94 900ss and will show the wear from about 30,000 miles of all year round UK weather !!!
RichardDDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2022, 09:42 PM   #4
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Hi Richard I thik the fairings are same size on 750 or 900 models I can wait till next year anyway Im slowly refurbishing the bike totally in Melo yellow like a 1974 sport might wnt some other parts too like the pipes and clipons do the headlight have H4 bulbs ?