UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Manchester Ducati

Old 04-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
Marsh...

Wink Manchester Ducati

After pricing up a service kit on Ebay, oil, filter and belts for the S4.(genuine parts allegedly) I decided to have a drive to my local’ish Ducati dealer, Ducati Manchester. On arrival I bit the bullet and asked how much said parts would be…

The best I could find on Ebay was Belts £103 oil £32.99 Shell advance ultra, and a filter £12.99, a grand total of £148.98.

Ducati Manchester Belts £87.22 +vat oil £42+vat (ouch) filter £9.16+vat and a complimentary sump plug washer. A total price, including the dreaded vat £165.

So dealing with really nice peeps, looking around at some very tasty machines and clobber, and a free coffee, cost me an extra £17 ten of which I could of saved getting the oil from elsewhere. So as a first dip into Ducati service prices, I was quite impressed, and I’m as sure as I could be that the parts are genuine.

Also the guy in the service dept said any technical problems, just phone and they will talk me through it.

So all in all very impressed, and when my lottery numbers come up I know where to spend some of it.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
Rally
Taking life easy........

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
It's nice to read positive things about dealers, as many people only write things on here when they are not happy. I have found them helpful on the two occasions I have used them as well (Not very local to me!)
Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #3
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally View Post
It's nice to read positive things about dealers, as many people only write things on here when they are not happy. I have found them helpful on the two occasions I have used them as well (Not very local to me!)
Indeed.
They are my local dealer and I bought my latest bike from there.
No great experiences there, but no awful ones either.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #4
LouSCannon
These must fit a Monster?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
The guys at Manchester Ducati are stars, helped me out on more then one occasion and can never be said to be money grabbing... very lucky to have them as my local dealer!
Old 05-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
I don't recall the details, but I remember commenting on a recent thread where their after-sales service was very good and exceeded their actual resposibility to some extent when dealing with an issue on a bike they had sold recently to a forum member.
Not only is that good for business, and for Ducati owners in general, but it makes the world a nicer place too.
I'm miles away, but they would get my business if I was local.

I had a helpful experience at Ducati Coventry, so can vouch for their decentness too.
I went in for a new alternator cover when my 750's battery boiled and spewed acid, which dissolved the engine paint. This happened on my first ride after buying the bike (privately).
Instead of selling me a new cover as I requested, they offered to blast, spray and bake a new coating on my old case, saving me the best part of £100.
Its a cracking job too, which is still 100% 5yrs later.

What goes around, comes around.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote