UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Electrics » Ignition Relay Tyco V23073

Old 11-03-2007, 10:08 AM   #1
JR

Ignition Relay Tyco V23073

My ignition relay is kaput - the local dealer has non in stock until wednesday. I have checked on various sites which give alternative part numbers i.e Bosch 0 332 207 307 Borg Warner R3223 Mopar 56006846 , but without knowing what other vehicles they fit it is impossible to find one as most bike/car/truck dealers use their own parts numbers. Anyone have any ideas or do i have to wait until wednesday to get the bike up and running again?
Old 11-03-2007, 12:05 PM   #2
blueguzzi

Bike: M900ie
Thumbs up Ignition Relays!!!!!!!!!!!!

JR;196283]My ignition relay is kaput - the local dealer has non in stock until wednesday. I have checked on various sites which give alternative part numbers i.e Bosch 0 332 207 307 Borg Warner R3223 Mopar 56006846 , but without knowing what other vehicles they fit it is impossible to find one as most bike/car/truck dealers use their own parts numbers. Anyone have any ideas or do i have to wait until wednesday to get the bike up and running again?[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha Been there done that , My relays failed on the trip BACK from Assen last year and I was rescued by the Desmo Due Race team paddock who stopped to help. ( thanks Ck/Ak and all)

Anyway I now have SPARES, so pm me your address and a Tyco V23073 and a Siemens V23073 will be in the post to you Monday Morning

Plus for everyone elses information Get your relays from this man.
www.dpguzzi.com very helpfull chap called Dan Prunuske.
blueguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:12 PM   #3
Jim66a

The relays on mine look identical to the V23073 but only have 4 pins, 2 for the coil and 2 switched rather than the 5 pin switching type shown on the website. Is this just how Ducati have 'progressed'?
Old 11-03-2007, 03:25 PM   #4
bod

An extra terminal isn't an issue but the layout of the terminals 86,87a,15,and 30 is.
Each terminal has a number
Old 11-03-2007, 04:24 PM   #5
blueguzzi

Wink Ignition & fuel Pump RELAYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim66a View Post
The relays on mine look identical to the V23073 but only have 4 pins, 2 for the coil and 2 switched rather than the 5 pin switching type shown on the website. Is this just how Ducati have 'progressed'?
I asked excatly the same question of Dan Prunuske on the website shown www.dpguzzi.com , It's not a problem I now have the five pin relays which were sent from Dan in the USA fitted to my 2001 900ie monster, the fifth pin does not have anything connected to it.

Hope this helps.
Hugh
Old 11-03-2007, 09:40 PM   #6
russ77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
Anyone have any ideas or do i have to wait until wednesday to get the bike up and running again?
Do a quick search and it turns out the relay is available from your local Vauxhall parts supplier:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...light=vauxhall

Should be a bit cheaper than your local Ducati dealer too.

Good luck
Old 12-03-2007, 09:04 AM   #7
JR

The only problem with going to a vauxhall dealer or any other is that you need their own part number to run through their computer system. The old style partsman who had everything in his head is long gone. Thanks to Blueguzzi i am sorted.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:13 AM   #8
blueguzzi

Smile Ignition Relays

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
The only problem with going to a vauxhall dealer or any other is that you need their own part number to run through their computer system. The old style partsman who had everything in his head is long gone. Thanks to Blueguzzi i am sorted.
relays are in the post now!