UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Blogging

Old 23-03-2005, 01:51 PM   #1
dean

Blogging

Having noticed this word come up more and more, being too lazy to look on the big wide interweb, i was wondering if anybody know much about this phenomenon? , i.e, what is it?!

I thought it was something to do with rummaging in park bushes with a stranger at 5.30am, is it something far more sinister?
Old 23-03-2005, 02:05 PM   #2
Ruth

It's a contraction of Web Logging.
Like keeping a diary of your life/interests/politics/beliefs online for everybody to see.
There are even awards for the best ones at

www.2005.bloggies.com

I think you were getting it confused with dogging, or possibly cottaging.

Last edited by Ruth; 23-03-2005 at 02:07 PM..
Old 23-03-2005, 03:09 PM   #3
Ruth

I'm dull aren't i?
I radiate dullness, people find it comforting.
You always know where you are with me and it's always dull
Old 23-03-2005, 06:25 PM   #4
CraigMac

Blogging.

Dean,
Im not a qualified plumber, but im led to believe that this term is used in the plumbing trade and refers to the clearing away of overly large logs that are blocking the toilet pan.
I believe that the word is a hybrid of Block,Log and Logging.
Quite how logs would get into your toilet is somewhat baffeling....But there you have it...Blogging.

Craig(The Frank Muir of UKMOC)
Old 23-03-2005, 06:31 PM   #5
CraigMac

Dogging.

Dean,
I think the other thing that you are reffering to is known as "Dogging".....
As in " Im dogging out for him".... a term used by a burglers mate.....To warn the burglar of the arrival of a police constable....
So there you have it....Dogging...
Regards

This is just like a skinternet version of "Call my Bluff"...very entertaining!!!

Last edited by CraigMac; 23-03-2005 at 06:41 PM..
Old 23-03-2005, 06:44 PM   #6
A Yerbury

Ask the kids.

The next time you find yourself in the close proximity of your flesh/blood spring offs -perhaps as you administer a firm cuffing for example?- I would ask one of them, you see the world super highway is something that they are much more au fait with? If you have a daughter, as she reaches "teen" age this "Blogging" may manifest itself in the quoting of Nirvana lyrics, photographing her feet in black and white and the assumption of an avatar image usually in the form of a japanese "manga" character. You have been warned. It's not just good old tit and ass on the old web thing, there is some proper weird stuff out there too.

Alex Y. (the Max Miller of the ukmoc)

ps. how goes operation "luke"? I wish you and yours the very best.

pps. on a different note are either you or Frank Muir attending this "monster weekending" thing, Richard_S and my good self should appear for the saturday...assuming the previous nights chemicals have been flushed. We could all sit around in akward silence and mumble at one another over frothy ales patiently awaiting the arrival of the comedy muse? given our usual erratic outpourings we may be able to rise a chuckle twice in 12 hours? that sounds good to me.
adieu.X
Old 23-03-2005, 06:47 PM   #7
A Yerbury

flobbing anyone?

I never partook of this but I did spend some years at one of these "comprehensive" schools and met quite a few of the underclass. Flobbing was quite the thing, I wonder if the young folk still do any of this now it's all sega this, and broadaround that?
Old 23-03-2005, 06:52 PM   #8
A Yerbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth & Julie
It's a contraction of Web Logging.
Like keeping a diary of your life/interests/politics/beliefs online for everybody to see.
There are even awards for the best ones at

www.2005.bloggies.com

I think you were getting it confused with dogging, or possibly cottaging.

Ruth, do you or any of your friends have one of these blogs? Perhaps they could share their thoughts nee blogs with us? I did once spend some time with a young lady who had a "livejournal" which is like blogging. As usual she was quite mad but had a lovely singing voice.
Alex.
ps the real Penny Slip knot is "liketodallyinto" blogging.
Old 23-03-2005, 06:54 PM   #9
Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMac
Dean,
I think the other thing that you are reffering to is known as "Dogging".....
As in " Im dogging out for him".... a term used by a burglers mate.....To warn the burglar of the arrival of a police constable....
So there you have it....Dogging...
Regards

This is just like a skinternet version of "Call my Bluff"...very entertaining!!!
Dogging........An act of walking the dog after dark specifically in populated car parks in the hope of catching folk "at it" in their cars.
They have internet clubs and arranged viewings for this type of thing now.

Foddy, former member of the Angmering Dogging Society.

P.S. I suspect you already knew this anyway
Old 23-03-2005, 06:58 PM   #10
A Yerbury

dirty scrubbings.

Could one describe Collie Dogging and Fodder in a similar tryst as fodding?
Alex.
ps. "it's just a thought" as people on here say when they wish no offence to be taken!
Old 23-03-2005, 07:28 PM   #11
A Yerbury

Dobbing

The process whereby one individual unctiously approaches a figure of universal authority and, once they have said figures ear, continue to besmirch the third party and generally "have a good old girly whinge" ... Cripes eh! thank heaven there are no such "dobbers in" around these green pastures.
Alice.
Old 23-03-2005, 07:34 PM   #12
Fodder

Fodding , that's such a good word, it's gotta mean something.

Nope!! this is what an online dictionary said..........

No entry found for fodding.
Did you mean fording?

Right!! Fodding is now going to be used in my daily vocabulary, I may even find an appropriate meaning for it.

I'm off to go fording in the nearest car park.
Old 23-03-2005, 07:39 PM   #13
A Yerbury

the j has gone walking

fording as in to cross a narrow body of water by wading? in a car park? its possible.
Old 23-03-2005, 09:53 PM   #14
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Location: Carving a slice thru the braindead masses..(pun intended)
Bike: M900
My favourite Blog....

http://www.fmft.net/
spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2005, 09:08 AM   #15
dean

blogging- the correct answer is....

After many hours of research in to this phenomenon, helped in no small part by the variety of intellectually challenging contributions on this thread, i think i now know what blogging is.

Bloggers- a small but dedicated group of followers of Robert plant, famed musician and pioneer of blogging. It all started with the release of the seminal eighties athem rock song "big log". At the time of release many reviewers criticised the song for being crude and having too many intestinal references, in particular to IBS. It has become apparent over time that this was indeed the first blog, and therefore robert plant is the blog god (at least in the opinions of some of his more fanatical followers). It is intersting to note that in his big log (web version), there are indeed references to irregular bowel activity, but most people think this is a barbed swipe to the reviewers who slagged him off at the time of the single's release.

So, there you have it, evewyones a fwuit and nut cake.