UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Noob intro

Old 22-08-2008, 07:35 AM   #1
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
Noob intro

Hello all. I bought myself a M600 (2001 reg) in dark blue a couple of weeks ago and have been lurking here ever since so I thought I better say hello. It's my 1st big bike, and I love it!! :-)

Anyway, it's only got 3,500 on the clocks, was off the road for a year when I bought it, and covered just over 200 miles in the lat 3 years!? It feels like a new bike (so far, but I know I've probably shot myself in the foot by saying that now!)

I took the bike to Rosso Corse last night to have the belts done (they were only changed 200 miles ago, but that was in 2005!), but he was closed when I got there (just before 8). The guy on the phone told me earlier in the week they closed at 8, but he must have either forgot or though I wasn't coming. I had to leave the bike with the car garage next door that was still open, so I hope it'll be ok!?

I'm going to change the oil / filters at the weekend, and give it a good clean ready for the bank holiday!!
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 07:39 AM   #2
NattyBoy
Monsterless again for now

Bike: M900
welcome mate - good shout on getting those belts done just in case !
NattyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 12:29 PM   #3
Headhunter
THFC

Bike: M620ie
Welcome fella. As per Natty good job on the belts. Bike willl be fine at RC or next door.

Hopefully see you about soon.

Sir Winston Churchill
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 12:49 PM   #4
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Welcome Steve, I'm sure you'll enjoy the bike.
There'll be plenty of opportunities to get out and about over the coming months I'm sure, and if you need advice there are plenty of members here willing to help. There are lots of new members too so don't feel worried about asking any questions.

If you ever fancy meeting some of the other Monster owners for there are a good few in Northern Kent who have a monthly meet on the 2nd Sunday at the Oakdene Cafe near Wrotham, London Rd, TN15 7RR. I Live near Lewisham so that's a usual for me.
It's a good way to see other peoples bikes, see what they've done to them and to get advice. And depending on the weather a runout somewhere is also common.
Also there's another Breakfast meet at the Fat Boy's Diner in East London on Saturday 6th Sept.
Anyway, enjoy the bike and take care.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #5
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
cheers fellas. Just picked the bike up. Just over £200 for the belts and valve clearances, which I suppose is ok for piece of mind!

Was a guy in there getting some Termi's fitted (sounded awesome!), not sure if it was anyone here? They said they had some other genuine Ducati performance exhausts (the name began with a "C", any ideas?) but they were the more "classic" style, straight and quite slim so I'm note sure about them?!

Anyone know the exhausts I'm talking about?!?
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote