UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Doo-Wop............

Old 13-04-2007, 10:20 PM   #1
Didge

Doo-Wop............

I've always loved Doo-Wop music. For you youngsters, it was a style of music that was popular in the 50s & early 60s. Born on the street corners of New York.
I didn't realise that there are still some who keep the music alive, and this is a brilliant (to me at least) example of Doo-Wop, with only a drummer to accompany the voices.
Well, it made me happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5Pv-ZevQ6Y
Old 13-04-2007, 11:23 PM   #2
Headhunter
THFC

Bike: M620ie
Reminds me of being at school. Would get one corner to sing the lyrics then the other corner to sing a couple of seconds behind.

Also reminds me of Stand by Me - FILM!

Some things never go out of style. They just evolve.

Sir Winston Churchill
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Location: Carving a slice thru the braindead masses..(pun intended)
Bike: M900
Nice stuff. Didge do you like Rockabilly too? Check out one of my fave bands who often play calssic car shows, and the streets of Oxford (where i found them years ago.. and hung around for the whole show!) and other gigs:
http://www.sugarcreek.co.uk/

Great stuff...
spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2007, 09:46 AM   #4
Headhunter
THFC

Bike: M620ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemonkey View Post
play calssic car shows, and the streets of Oxford (where i found them years ago....
I think I've seen these guys before in Oxford too. Usually have a pitch opposite Goldsmiths and Argos.

They sound brilliant and always pull a large crowd whenever I spot them there.

Sir Winston Churchill
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #5
gremlin

If anyone was watching Jools Holland on New Years Eve, there was a guy called Seasick Steve. He was playing blues/bluegrass type stuff on a 3 stringed guitar, with only foot tapping as accompaniment he was awesome. My ex was into the rock n roll thing and we went to the weekender at Hemsby a few times. It was a real step back in time, there are usually bands that do doo wop, blues, rock n roll etc. It is usually in May and October, it's worth checking out if you like that sort of thing. I think it's a 3 day thing, music pretty much 24 hours, record hops, old cars and bikes.