UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Kits & Accessories » Buying leathers from Italy?

Old 21-03-2006, 10:25 PM   #1
russ77

Buying leathers from Italy?

Hello all. I'm looking to buy a leather jacket now that (fingers crossed) drier weather is on its way. I like the look of Dainese's short ones. Trouble is they're really expensive.

A bit of searching unearthed this site in Italy which sells them for much less (same number of Euros as Pounds if you catch my drift). Delivery costs are low, so it seems like a pretty good deal:

WheelUp

I figure I've just got to get the size spot on, which means finding somewhere nearby that has them in stock and trying them on. I'm going to feel like a right tease trying these things on and not buying them, but I have to get these euro sizes licked.

Has anyone ever bought leathers from overseas before? Hopefully putting it on credit card I'll be protected.
Old 22-03-2006, 12:51 AM   #2
Ade

ello Russ
Stuart at Spareshack was selling Dianese jackets last year, I bought one, and hes only in West Drayton.
Old 22-03-2006, 10:06 AM   #3
Melnie Mouse

what size are you, CMW in Chichester have Ducati Dainese jkts going dirt cheap from DLS old stock...

Pedro bought one and saved £200.!
Old 22-03-2006, 10:58 AM   #4
MilesB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnie Mouse
Pedro bought one and saved £200.!
Jammy
Old 22-03-2006, 11:14 AM   #5
DesmoDog

careful

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ77
Hello all. I'm looking to buy a leather jacket now that (fingers crossed) drier weather is on its way. I like the look of Dainese's short ones. Trouble is they're really expensive.

A bit of searching unearthed this site in Italy which sells them for much less (same number of Euros as Pounds if you catch my drift). Delivery costs are low, so it seems like a pretty good deal:

WheelUp

I figure I've just got to get the size spot on, which means finding somewhere nearby that has them in stock and trying them on. I'm going to feel like a right tease trying these things on and not buying them, but I have to get these euro sizes licked.

Has anyone ever bought leathers from overseas before? Hopefully putting it on credit card I'll be protected.
There's little or no excise duty on clothes in Italy. I'm pretty sure that HMC and the Italian revenue bods are getting their act togerther so you might find a tax bill following the sale. Just a thought.
Old 22-03-2006, 11:26 AM   #6
marchesini
Um, thinking of something

Bike: S4r
Another way?

Get a cheapie flight by Ryanair to Forli / Bologna - if you plan it right it can only be as little as 99p and go to the Ducati shop. This time of year, they should still have some bargains on and you get to do a factory tour and also to look at the Ducati museum - fabbo day trip. Not done it yet but I know Albie and Gary T did it last year with the DSC. I believe they are talking about another one in the next month or so so I'm pretty sure I'll be tagging along on that one.

Go on, you know it makes sense

simon
marchesini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 05:27 PM   #7
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoDog
There's little or no excise duty on clothes in Italy. I'm pretty sure that HMC and the Italian revenue bods are getting their act togerther so you might find a tax bill following the sale. Just a thought.
If you buy goods from another EU country, there is no VAT or duty payable (with a few exceptions like cars) so it should not be a problem.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 08:41 PM   #8
NC35

Try Steve at Essex Bikers Centre
Not bought anyting yet but his prices are good...
STEVE@ ESSEXBIKERSCENTRE [essexbikerscentre@hotmail.co.uk]
email what you want and he will tell you what he has got or when he can get.