UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Chas Bikes/Puncture

Old 03-07-2006, 07:36 PM   #1
Headhunter
THFC

Bike: M620ie
Chas Bikes/Puncture

Oh the joys of a rear wheel puncture on a country road somewhere between Henley on Thames and the M4 wearing full leathers in 32c heat for near on 3 hours!

I wont even go into one about the number of "Sunday bikers" on their plastic bullets who kindly beeped their horn as they went past - whatever happened to bikers stopping to help when a fellow biker is in need of help????!!!!! But I guess they were pleasant after the 20th car with teenage scrunts had gone past shouting cr*p and making w**nker signs!

Still at least good ol' Chasbikes rekindled my slipping faith in bikers - top service - have to be the cheapest in Central London for repairs etc and free food on top.

For anyone in London looking for standard repairs/replacement work, which doesn't need an experienced Ducati person to do it, then I really do recommend Chasbikes.

70 Great Suffolk St
London
SE1 0BL

www.chasbikes.co.uk

Sir Winston Churchill
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:27 PM   #2
Darry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunter
Oh the joys of a rear wheel puncture on a country road somewhere between Henley on Thames and the M4 wearing full leathers in 32c heat for near on 3 hours!

I wont even go into one about the number of "Sunday bikers" on their plastic bullets who kindly beeped their horn as they went past - whatever happened to bikers stopping to help when a fellow biker is in need of help????!!!!! But I guess they were pleasant after the 20th car with teenage scrunts had gone past shouting cr*p and making w**nker signs!

Still at least good ol' Chasbikes rekindled my slipping faith in bikers - top service - have to be the cheapest in Central London for repairs etc and free food on top.

For anyone in London looking for standard repairs/replacement work, which doesn't need an experienced Ducati person to do it, then I really do recommend Chasbikes.

70 Great Suffolk St
London
SE1 0BL

www.chasbikes.co.uk
Hi Headhunter,

After having several punctures myself (my bike not me), I now always carry a puncture repair kit under the seat. They're really easy to use and you'll be riding again within half an hour. Get them at any bike shop... Hein-Gericke do them for about £15.

Darry.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:54 AM   #3
Headhunter
THFC

Cheers Darry.

Unfortunately some kind person left a lovely piece of shrapnel in a laybye and it pretty much shredded the back tyre, so it was beyond repair

Have you got any closer to moving up the Monster ladder yet? Saw a couple of your previous posts with Ricky - did make me chuckle

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 04-07-2006, 02:59 PM   #4
Darry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunter
Cheers Darry.

Unfortunately some kind person left a lovely piece of shrapnel in a laybye and it pretty much shredded the back tyre, so it was beyond repair

Have you got any closer to moving up the Monster ladder yet? Saw a couple of your previous posts with Ricky - did make me chuckle
Nope still on the lower rungs... not as low as Ricky obviously.

And let me make this clear... I didn't post 'with' Ricky... I am not 'with' Ricky!
Old 04-07-2006, 03:14 PM   #5
Bodybag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darry
And let me make this clear... I didn't post 'with' Ricky... I am not 'with' Ricky!
The tragedy of long distance relationships ruins another love story eh?
Old 04-07-2006, 03:29 PM   #6
ricky
5ft 3 of perfection!!

Bike: M620
Quote:
Nope still on the lower rungs... not as low as Ricky obviously.

only coz i blew him out!!! told him i didnt have the same sexual preferences as him !!

drunk:
Northern Irelands answer to common sense-NORTHERN IRELAND REP!!
ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:55 PM   #7
Darry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky
only coz i blew him out!!! told him i didnt have the same sexual preferences as him !!
So you are then ! Confirmed at last.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:50 PM   #8
Headhunter
THFC

Well if anyone needs any volcanized rubber for that extra bit of protection, I know Chasbikes has some!

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 04-07-2006, 05:49 PM   #9
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I've used Chasbikes for years, top notch, where else can you get a puncture fixed at 8:30am on your way to work in cental London? Have they fixed their balancer yet? I got them to take my wheel round the corner to have it balanced, last month! As for instant repair kits, nothing pisses of the guy who has to change your tyre like a load of slimy gunk in the old one!
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 05:53 PM   #10
Darry

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob
I've used Chasbikes for years, top notch, where else can you get a puncture fixed at 8:30am on your way to work in cental London? Have they fixed their balancer yet? I got them to take my wheel round the corner to have it balanced, last month! As for instant repair kits, nothing pisses of the guy who has to change your tyre like a load of slimy gunk in the old one!
I was only refering to the plug type repair kits not the pre-emptive liquid gunk!
Old 04-07-2006, 05:56 PM   #11
ricky
5ft 3 of perfection!!

Bike: M620
Quote:
I was only refering to the plug type repair kits not the pre-emptive liquid gunk!
darry ive heard you'v a problem with pre emptive gunk on a more personal issue!!

drunk:
Northern Irelands answer to common sense-NORTHERN IRELAND REP!!
ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 06:01 PM   #12
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
I was thinking of the post puncture gunk. I've never used the pre-emtive gunk, years ago 'they' said it ate your tyres from the inside, dunno if it still does.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 06:28 PM   #13
Headhunter
THFC

Quote:
I've used Chasbikes for years, top notch, where else can you get a puncture fixed at 8:30am on your way to work in cental London? Have they fixed their balancer yet?

I bloody hope so! Bike seems fine, so am guessing (well praying) yes.

Keep an eye out in the obituary pages though.

Sir Winston Churchill

Last edited by Headhunter; 04-07-2006 at 10:01 PM..
Old 04-07-2006, 08:08 PM   #14
Darry

Quote:
I was thinking of the post puncture gunk. I've never used the pre-emtive gunk, years ago 'they' said it ate your tyres from the inside, dunno if it still does.
You're only supposed to use a little bit of the gunk... never seemed to be too much mess when they took the tyre off. Maybe its its just because you're a slob that you get the stuff everywhere?
Old 04-07-2006, 08:08 PM   #15
Darry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky
darry ive heard you'v a problem with pre emptive gunk on a more personal issue!!
And I've heard you have a problem with plugs!!!