View Single Post
Old 19-06-2014, 11:41 AM   #1
oomidamon

Initial thoughts of my Monster 1100 20th

I thought I’d write a little update on how I’m getting on with my Monster. I have only done 450 miles so far but I'm getting a good idea of how it rides. This is EXACTLY the bike I wanted, it’s so much fun! It reminds me of my old KTM Superduke – it just encourages me to be naughty. If it is this much fun when I'm running it in then it'll be a riot when I can give it the full berries! It looks fantastic and sounds great, even on the original can. I have an SC Projects can to put on it but really don’t see the need.

I do find that the handling is a little ‘lively’ – it feels very light at the front at higher speeds but when just hooning along A & B roads it’s perfect. It is firmly sprung but that is part of the character of the bike – it isn’t meant to be a comfy armchair.

My only real issue so far is with comfort – I find that the seat starts to get uncomfortable after about half an hour, which isn’t great. My other half says that she finds it the pillion seat is the same so maybe I’ll invest in the Touring seat. I'd be interested to hear any opinions of that if anybody has tried one.

Overall I've got no regrets about buying it and I think I’ll be keeping it for a good while. Bring on the summer!

I'll get some photos too!