View Single Post
Old 24-10-2016, 10:12 PM   #37
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
It will look smashing in Red though.
Yes indeed it will (but I may be a little biased on that one) as well as upsetting the purists out there as they never had red frames!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dookbob View Post
My forks are 35mm and apart from the mudguard brackets being cracked at the welds they were in a surprisingly good condition. These seal holders were never made to take two seals ( or one seal and a spacer even) . There is only room in the rebate for one 7.5mm deep seal followed by the circlip. All the new seals stocked by the spares people are of 47mm outside diameter, mine are 45mm which is what makes me think that these are Spanish forks.

There was no steering damper on the bike when I got it, but once I get a good look at one. Or can get an accurate diagram of one, I will make one, the friction plates are still available.
Yes maybe you are right and your forks are either another make or just for the Spanish build bikes. I will ask one of my racing buddies whose been building and racing singles for years and have stockpiles of parts 'just in case'.

These are the seals fitted to mine:

This little lot came out of the forks when Maxton reworked them with their GP20 cartridge conversion:

And the springs, with an almost 'progressive' coil arrangement and 450mm long:

As for a steering damper, again mine doesn't have one and I've never felt the need for it while racing (and I have my forks pulled through the yokes quite a lot) but those that do run with them are of the usual along the frame type which obviously are not of the original design as the stem nut is used to locate the fairing brace on race bikes.