View Single Post
Old 24-05-2016, 01:23 PM   #33
Nottsbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I've been watching this thread with interest since it was resurrected.
One the first page, Stafford commented that I might have an opinion on BBB fabs.
Generally I don't comment about a businesses work , as I run my own ( I'm a plumbing and heating engineer) and social media is a double edged sword. But in this case I think its about time something was said.
I used BBB to fabricate some link pipes and brackets on my S4 so the Muffler's would be mounted in a mid position at the rear of the bike.
Steve took several attempts to do this. Each time the work was not acceptable.the bike was collected when the I felt the std of work was as good as Steve could manage, but still not what I would have expected of an engineer.
I challenged Steve about his std of work, which included bending the stand to clear the link pipes( this was not agreed upon at any time, and as you guys will be aware the stand is cast and susceptible to snaping) His attitude was off hand and not interested.
Its up to yourselves as to whether his services are used, but be cautious.
Blimey bending an ally stand - did it ever snap? I'd have been paranoid about relying on it.