View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 06:55 AM   #7
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip View Post
I'm not sure of the numbers but I was chatting to a chap at Brands Hatch Italia a couple of weeks ago who up until a year ago had the largest single collection of them...would you believe eight!

He's down to just two now, one carburated and one fuel injection- I thought they were all fuel injected but I know it was that which made them so horrible to ride. This one obviously wasn't as it had a plenty of miles on it and he was on for a near three hundred mile round trip that day.
I read recently that the problem with these bikes was not actually the design of the fuel injection, but the implementation/ low quality specs on the crank cases...

"Ed. Note December 2013 - Since writing this piece in 2012 I've learned that the main problem with the V-Due is improper crankcase sealing due to flaws in the crankcase castings, not simply a wonky fuel injection setup. You can fix a V-Due! Bob Steinbugler at Bimota Spirit offers newly manufactured crankcases that fix this issue and allow you to rebuild the V-Due into the screaming sport weapon it was meant to be. If only Bimota had known... "

https://www.odd-bike.com/2012/11/bim...ed-bimota.html

Fuel injected 2stroke Husquevarnas are apparently brilliant too!