View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 09:29 AM   #48
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
not sure what a 2V service would cost
Just to give you a ball park.. I had my valve clearances done this week ( By Carl Harrison)
That cost me £113 and included all new half rings (which my bike seems to eat!).
Clearances need to be checked, and adjusted if necessary at 6000 mile intervals.

That's the only maintenance operation that I'm not happy doing myself, So I don't mind a bill like that too much, every couple of years or so.

It is possible to extend the valve service intervals to a claimed 20,000 miles by using MBP collets (about £100 for a 2V), but Carl keeps telling me that it's better to keep replacing the half rings, than risk the MBP collets bedding into the stems and creating big problems... Sorry that's a bit of a distraction, but something you can check on if a seller is boasting an MBP collet conversion.

I think pretty much along the same lines as Utopia, and am also besotted with my Monster. In my case an M900Sie... But you can study form all you like.. You will know when you see it her, if she's the one or not...