View Single Post
Old 23-01-2017, 06:08 PM   #43
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Mmmm. Just had a read, not too sure if I want to route the stuff.... Will try and find out some prices and also see if I can find a sample to cut about.
I had considered pespex and also a type of nylon sheet that we have used at work in the past...That could even have been Delrin for all I know.

No Alan don't bother with the nasty 7" headlamp shell. The adapter allows you to fit standard 7" lamp units to the standard Monster shell and rim.

I had to solder some spades onto the pilot light wires so they would fit straight into the Monster connectors... If you stick with an H4 type bulb then the Monster bulb connector will go straight on.
However, I may well be going to fit a relay, pending results from the new light. In which case a little bit of wiring will be necessary.

And thanks for the compliments...
Delrin is just a form of industrial nylon really, its widely used for automotive parts and unlike Perspex is available in most colours you could want. I think its the stuff they make frame slider pucks from. I had some spacers machined for the forks on my project Lav 1200 no problem which meant I could use the SF750 headlight brackets I had been mistakenly sold as triple ones, the 750 ones are about 5mm shorter than those on the Triples but otherwise look the same. Maybe I could see if I can get a sheet of the stuff for you to play around with?

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote