View Single Post
Old 09-10-2022, 09:42 PM   #49
Brian.

Bike: M750
Hi all, and thank you again.

I'm going to have to make my mind up about this one. Earlier contributors to this thread, plus a couple of friends that I've talked to, have suggested that perhaps it'd be best to walk away from this one and that was what I had decided to do.

But - it's in good physical condition, clean & tidy, and the engine sounds really good. It's still got the pillion cowl, has not had a tail chop, and is pretty much standard spec throughout including the silencers. Has a twin front disc conversion. Under 15,000 miles, and three owners including the current one. Very sensible price in comparison to others. But no service history to speak of, prior to the current owner there's been several gaps in the MOT history, it's been used on track days - how much I don't know - the tank has been repaired (but in fairness, very well) & been lined, and has the 1st to neutral problem.

Maybe go for a proper ride on it. It's sorned at the moment so I've only been up & down the seller's road. Maybe bung him a tenner (if he wants it) to tax it for a month and go out on it for half an hour.

I'm not usually one for umming & aahhing like this. It's a case of heart vs head, I want it but my gut feeling is walk away.

But if I don't have this one, I'm definitely having another one.

I'll let you all know - thank you all again for your advice & opinions. Really, thank you.

Brian.

Last edited by Brian.; 09-10-2022 at 09:45 PM.. Reason: Missed a bit out.
Brian. is offline   Reply With Quote