Thread: Hi from a Manc.
View Single Post
Old 17-02-2019, 05:53 PM   #13
Kenb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriswilly View Post
Welcome Kenb - you must be as old as I am - you will love a Duke - took my test in 1960 on a Vincent Black Shadow - those were not the days - can't get one off the sidestand now (tried it last summer)
Hi Chriswilly,
Vincent bikes were above my pay grade back then. Know what you mean about the weight though...The Retro Honda 1100 I bought last June had a centre stand, (Great, I thought.) couldn’t even get it onto the centre stand.

I had Venhill Engineering make me a throttle cable 25mm longer than standard, then got a local bike man to fit a 40mm handlebar riser I’d bought.
Riding position is better,but, I’m still not upright enough to suit my knackered neck, and my wrists ache a bit.
I bought a pair of handlebars off a Ducati Scrambler(These come much further back) and with these fitted (No controls fitted, just dummy run) I think the riding position would be ideal for me. However, the guy that fitted the riser said it would be an horrendous job to fit these bars just because of trying to extend any electrical wiring that wouldn’t be long enough, so, looks like that’s a dead end.
Still lovin the Monster though.
Regards,Ken.