View Single Post
Old 31-01-2020, 03:47 PM   #9
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezz View Post
Hi Colin - I've got Evo rearset that are going on my 1100s. I've done the gear side and I'm in the process of doing the brake side. As far as I know the issue with the master cylinder is that it is in a more elevated posistion on the Evo ones as oppose to the standard ones so you need a longer brake line and the plastic guide for the brake line under the swing arm makes it awkward to fit. I think either cutting this down or removing it and using p-clips helps.

I've got a pair of rearsets that Geoff made - I think they were original 1100s rearsets that he cut off the passenger part and filed down - they are really well done - he had them powder coated black but never put them on his bike. I think he got some S2R or S4R ones. I bought them off him for the cost of the powder coating. I didn't put them on as they dont have heel guards and went for the Evo ones instead. There might be a way of fitting some kind of heel guard to Geoff's somehow [beyond my capabilities though] You are more than welcome to have them as they are just sat in the garage not doing anything and knowing Geoff he would much prefer them being used. I think with these there isn't any issue with the master cylinder or the brake line as it fits in the same place [tucked away inside]

I can send you some photos if you want to see what the look like
I remember talking or him asking me advice about fitting s2r ones as I had rizomas on my 1100s. Even fitting them I had to modify the height and positioning of the reservoir which was done with some 3mm carbon fibre sheet. Colin accept the offer im sure I can assist making some heel guards with ease as I made some for an evo .

Last edited by Albie; 31-01-2020 at 03:49 PM..
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote