View Single Post
Old 16-05-2021, 07:30 PM   #34
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
An update.

As some of you might remember I bought a Nitron rear RT1 shock at the end of summer '19 from Zimbo here on the forum . It needed a service and a spring so by the time that was sent off to Nitron & returned there was no hurry to fit it as I'm a summer softie rider! LOL. Then Covid of course arrived and as my little Suzuki Ts185ER was newly refurbed, the little riding I did last year was on that.

Finally I've just had it fitted. My first ride out with it was today and I am pleased to say that the difference is a revelation and well worth paying for. The bike simply sits properly on the road now and the overly stiff ride is totally gone. Now of course it may be in part due to this shock having the correct spring for my weight, and also it is properly set up with sag etc, but still this shock -as recommended by several here thanks Flip!- works for me.

I also had a slipper clutch fitted which was another (different) forum purchase. I really like the dry clutch sound, so having one of these with the half billet cover is a great bit of fun & bling. Now the unexpected bonus is my clutch is now as light as any I've ever had on any bike. My standard one was typical, doable but heavy and made in town stop start somewhat irksome. Those days are now well & truly over!

All the above was done together with new belts, pads & oil change. The bike really feels like it's brand new, which considering its 19 years old & coming up to 40K isn't too shabby. After not riding it for so long, the deep sound and the powerful engine were wonderful to enjoy again.

I know everyone says it, but I really can't imagine ever parting with this bike.

Last edited by Jez900ie; 16-05-2021 at 08:05 PM..
Jez900ie is offline   Reply With Quote