View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 12:12 PM   #33
900Rebuilder

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TSS View Post
With regard to the handlebar risers and from a position of no actual knowledge I would suggest that:
1 916 forks are probably shorter than Monster forks so there would be little necessity to make the legs protrude through the top yoke,
2. given 1 above it should be possible to use the standard handlebar clamps un-extended with a set of bars that has an upward crank (not ape-hangers) and still miss the tops of the preload adjusters on the 916 fork caps,
3. personally I would be against using extender blocks above the set of standard Monster handle bar clamps both aesthetically and because the clamp bolts themselves will probably have to be made longer and they would be under more stress at the junction of the Monster top yoke and the original Monster lower handlebar clamps (increased leverage not aligned with the axis of the clamp).
1. Cant remember as sold the originals so long ago that I cant compare them, I was always under the impression (probably incorrectly) that the 916 forks were longer

2. The black adapters shown (just set up in the pics as an example) will bolt straight onto the yoke but would be so low that they would 100% clash

3. Me too - want to find a safe / good looking option